iPhone app quits

Hi,

My password on iphone starts, asks for the master code, i give it and it quits right away :( any sugestions? i already removed and reinstalled it.

cheers,
Niels

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Niels. I am sorry that you are having this problem.

Could you please tell me what version of iOS you are running and on what specific device? (iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod second generation, etc.) Also, has your device software been modified in any way (like a jailbreak)? We are not receiving reports of this happening for other users, so I am wondering if there is something peculiar to your device.

Please let me know. Thanks!
  • khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, Niels. I am sorry that you are having this problem.

Could you please tell me what version of iOS you are running and on what specific device? (iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod second generation, etc.) Also, has your device software been modified in any way (like a jailbreak)? We are not receiving reports of this happening for other users, so I am wondering if there is something peculiar to your device.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi Khad,

sorry for the late reply, i was on holiday ... : I am running ios 4.3 on an iphone four.. but had this problem for a while... even on my 3gs. the phone has no jailbreak.

Niels
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Welcome back! I do hope your holiday was a nice one. :-)

Whenever things get wonky on iOS the first thing I usually suggest is to reinstall the app in question. Note that following this procedure will erase any data stored in the 1Password app on your iOS device, so you'll have to set up your master password and Dropbox syncing again. If you do not sync with Dropbox, you will want to make sure you have previously backed up your data before performing this procedure:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/backup.html

Once you have your data backed up (either synced with Dropbox or a special backup as outlined above) you can remove 1Password by pressing and holding on the 1Password icon until all the icons start to jiggle. Then you can click the X in the top left corner to uninstall 1Password. Once 1Password disappears, you can press the home button to stop the icons from jiggling. You can then either re-sync the 1Password app over from your computer, or download a fresh copy from the App Store (note: even though the button still says "Buy," you won't actually be charged a 2nd time).

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • I finally remembered i asked this question :)
    I did that bfore, but this time it worked!!! Thanks. ( i deleted, then upgraded my ios, then reinstalled )

regards,
    Niels

khad wrote:

Welcome back! I do hope you holiday was a nice one. :-)

Whenever things get wonky on iOS the first thing I usually suggest is to reinstall the app in question. Note that following this procedure will erase any data stored in the 1Password app on your iOS device, so you'll have to set up your master password and Dropbox syncing again. If you do not sync with Dropbox, you will want to make sure you have previously backed up your data before performing this procedure:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/backup.html

Once you have your data backed up (either synced with Dropbox or a special backup as outlined above) you can remove 1Password by pressing and holding on the 1Password icon until all the icons start to jiggle. Then you can click the X in the top left corner to uninstall 1Password. Once 1Password disappears, you can press the home button to stop the icons from jiggling. You can then either re-sync the 1Password app over from your computer, or download a fresh copy from the App Store (note: even though the button still says "Buy," you won't actually be charged a 2nd time).

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • SubZr0 wrote:

I finally remembered i asked this question :)
    I did that bfore, but this time it worked!!! Thanks. ( i deleted, then upgraded my ios, then reinstalled )

regards,
    Niels

Great! Glad to hear it is working now. Thanks for following up. :)
This discussion has been closed.