"Too many requests" error

rlgc
rlgc
Community Member

On both the Team that I'm a part of as well as the Family that I have set up as well, I'm getting a "Too many requests" error. Your statuspage.io shows all systems operational, but something is clearly having an issue. Can you confirm?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• fmcypriano
    fmcypriano
    Community Member

I'm also having this problem. Using a VPN allowed me to temporally "fix" the error.

• Hi @rlgc and @fmcypriano! Sorry for the trouble. It's interesting that a VPN solved the issue. Could you try a different browser non-VPN and let us know what happens? Also disable any extensions in your browser to see if those are interfering with things.

• rlgc
    rlgc
    Community Member

Hi @penderworth - no dice, same result in all browsers. Cleared Chrome's DNS cache to be sure. Verified it's getting the correct DNS results by comparing its cached result against direct nslookup results from Level3 & Google public DNS. Verified no firewall rules, etc. should be interfering with this either.

• fmcypriano
    fmcypriano
    Community Member

This feels like "too many" 1Password clients in the same network. But how much is "too many" to give that error?

• Hi @rlgc and @fmcypriano
    May I ask you to send me your public IP address by Direct Message. We will check logs at server side.

• rlgc
    rlgc
    Community Member

@VitalyG How can I DM you? I don't see any option for that on here or your profile, clicking on your pic/username.

• @rlgc I've sent empty DM, please reply on it.

• @rlgc Thank you. We've log record 61 requests in 1s form 'your IP'. That's the cause of "Too many requests" error. Give me some time for digging why we are receiving so many requests from client side.

• giganticus
    giganticus
    Community Member

Hi Vitaly, I believe my team is having the same problem. We've got 8 or so members using 1Password for Teams in the same office. When we invited the 8th member yesterday we became unable to use the portal. Also unable to download any files in our shared vaults.

• Hi @giganticus . You are right, we have exactly same log records from your team. We are still investigating this case. Thank you for feedback, it's really helpful for us.

• @rlgc @giganticus May I ask you send me DM with output for command **curl -I -v "https://test.1password.com/signin" **

• @fmcypriano @rlgc @giganticus Please try to work with your Teams account as usual. Hope we've found and fixed the problem. It happened with your accounts only. For some reason we had >60 requests in 1s from your IPs, that is really large number of them. Please let me know if you are still getting the "Too many requests" error.

• fmcypriano
    fmcypriano
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Looks like it is working again :smile:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help identify the origin of all those requests. I'm pretty sure the 1Password apps are the only things connecting to *.1password.com.

• rlgc
    rlgc
    Community Member

Agree w/@fmcypriano - let us know about digging deeper on the source of those requests. We're continuing to expand the group using 1P for Teams, so I'd like to ensure this isn't something we have to address regularly.

• VitalyG
    edited February 2016

@fmcypriano @rlgc Good to hear that it is working again. I'll keep looking on your IP's in the log next couple days.

• giganticus
    giganticus
    Community Member

@VitalyG thanks for the help, once everyone is back in the office I'll let you know how we get on

• @giganticus You are welcome! Please let me know if something is going wrong.

This discussion has been closed.