Populating 1password with chrome data

i don't understand
How do I populate 1password with logins and passwords from chrome? Do I have to type in every thing new, or can it be automated?

Thank you

Comments

• bswins
    edited May 2011
    arealie wrote:

How do I populate 1password with logins and passwords from chrome? Do I have to type in every thing new, or can it be automated?

Thank you

Hello arealie and welcome to the Forums!

You can import data from Chrome!

Please review the steps listed in the following help articles: Importing Data into 1Password for Mac & Importing Data into 1Password for Windows

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • arealie
    arealie
    Community Member
    Thank you to both Brandt and Brent. I've started using 1Password and I'm slowly learning. I have another question. I have both personal logins and logins that I need to share with my business associates. If I generate a new password, how do I share it securely with my business associates?
  • arealie wrote:

Thank you to both Brandt and Brent. I've started using 1Password and I'm slowly learning. I have another question. I have both personal logins and logins that I need to share with my business associates. If I generate a new password, how do I share it securely with my business associates?

The short answer is that it is not currently easily possible. We have a feature request thread here on this:
    http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/4008-feature-request-data-sharing/

The long answer is that there are a couple of ways you could go about this. The one I would recommend is to select the item(s) you want to share, select File -> Export Selected -> Encrypted Web Page. You'll be asked to create a passcode to encrypt the webpage with. You can then attach this file to an email and send it along to your co-workers (check first to make sure only what you want to share is in the file). You can then give them the passcode needed to open it separately, preferably in person or on the phone, but a separate email would work as well.
  • rgsteele
    rgsteele
    Community Member
    bswins wrote:

Please review the steps listed in the following help articles: Importing Data into 1Password for Mac & Importing Data into 1Password for Windows

I have the same question as arealie. I had a look at the "Importing Data into 1Password for Windows" link, but it didn't seem to refer to Chrome at all, and I can't see any way to export passwords from Chrome in a format that can be imported to 1Password. Can you clarify the process for me?

Thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, rgsteele! Unfortunately, Windows does not have an equivalent to the OS X keychain which is where Chrome stores logins on the Mac and what 1Password for Mac uses to import the logins.

There are a number of utilities, add-ons, etc. which will export your Chrome data, but we cannot vouch for them. You use them at your own risk. That said, 1Password for Windows will import just about any CSV file, so if you can get a properly formatted CSV out of Chrome, it should not be a problem to import the data into 1Password.

I hope that helps. Please let me know how you end up doing it if you do. I'm sure other users would also like to know!

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.