Tags are not being added from browser

Options
zipped
zipped
Community Member

I am using tags for different purposes. and when 1password wants to save a new login from the browser, I add a tag, too. Yet, when I open the program, tag does not appear so I have to click on edit and add the tag again. Is this a bug? Same problem with chrome and safari...

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @zipped! Sorry about that. I can look into what may be happening and try reproducing the issue on my end, but I'll need one more detail: What version of the 1Password are you using?

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member
    Options

6.0.2 - not the app store version.

• @zipped Thanks, but that's actually the app version. This knowledge base article has details on how to find what version of the extension you're using: https://support.1password.com/update-extension/

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member
    Options

Ah sorry. Chrome 4.5.3.90, safari 4.5.2.

• @zipped Okay, I just tried to get the same behavior as you mentioned. Things worked as expected, though I did notice one thing that may cause an issue. Do you press return on your keyboard after you create a new tag? It won't be added unless you do that. The interface will reflect it, too, like it does here:

Then, once you click Save Login, that tag should be saved. I checked and all the ones I added were saved properly. I also tried with existing tags rather than creating new ones, and that worked as expected. Could you give us a bit more details about how you're creating the Login item, how you're adding the tags, and whether they currently exist or not?

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member
    Options

hmm, interesting. I start typing and it guesses the tag I wanna use then I just "tab" to complete it, then click save. In that case, it is not saving the tag. why would that be a problem actually?

• rickfillion
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @zipped,

I just tried here by doing this:

• Verified that I have an "AgileBits" tag already existing
    • Went to amazon.com, and navigated to the sign in page
    • I put in "testaccount" and "testpassword" in the username and password fields
    • I then used the extension button in Chrome, clicked the gear, and then "Save new login". This should mimic what happens when you sign in with a new username/password combination
    • I got the Create New Login window, and i named it "Amazon (test account)".
    • I put my cursor in Tags field, and typed "Agile", it proposed "AgileBits". I hit the Tab key.
    • I then clicked on the "Save Login" button.

Here's what I ended up with:

So the tag seemed to save here.

But... when testing this I did run into a problem and it might account for what you're seeing.

If I go back to Chrome, change the username/password. Trigger "Save new login" again. I see the Save Login Window again, but this time the tag is pre-filled with "AgileBits". I created the login and this time I got this:

So it looks like there's two problems here:

1. We're not clearing out the Tags field when bringing up that window
    2. Which makes it look like it should add the AgileBits tag to the second login, but it's not.

Does that maybe sound like what you're hitting?

It looks like this is likely related to a bug we have in our bug tracker as OPM-
    3718. We'll try to get that fixed up.

For now my recommendation would be to make sure to always clear that field and re-enter any tags. Assuming what you're hitting is in fact the problem that I'm seeing here.

Rick

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member
    Options

I tested with a new site (and username/password), chose the the tag (I already had defined) with tab, and it recorded the login but not the tag.

• Jacob
    edited February 2016
    Options

@zipped We just tried to recreate things and weren't able to. I'm sorry it's giving you trouble, though. To get a better idea of what's happening, could you create a screen recording? You can do so in QuickTime pretty easily following Apple's guide. Please upload that somewhere like Dropbox, then send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com with the link to the video and to this thread for reference. You can also attach it if it's small enough. Once you send that over, please post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive so we can link things quickly. Thanks so much! :)

• zipped
    zipped
    Community Member
    Options

OK I tested this again, and you are right. In a website where I had not saved any login in the past, tagging works. For sites, where I have multiple logins (say gmail, etc.) the first one gets the tag, the others do not (It does not make a difference whether I keep the suggested tag in the form or clean it and type it again, it still does not get saved). So my experience is similar to Rick's (OPM-3719).

Hoping this will get cleared up soon. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome, thanks for confirming the behavior is as Rick described! I don't know exactly when to expect a fix for that, but it sounds like Rick has a good understanding of what's happening there, so hopefully it won't be too long before our developers squash this one.

If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-3718

This discussion has been closed.