Can we set icons manually

Options
jrsunshine
jrsunshine
Community Member

I like that 1Password tries to correctly align the icon for an entry to the context of the entry. So, a Twitter icon shows for an entry about twitter.

Can this icon be manually assigned?

I like having a visual and it is frustrating to see a default for entries that 1Password cannot find an icon.

Thanks,
Roy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Any
Sync Type: iCloud, Families

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Roy!

You can set custom icons in 1Password for Mac! Here are the instructions:

Add a custom icon in 1Password for Mac

Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

• jrsunshine
    jrsunshine
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was able to set icons on the Mac version. It persists there but does not sync to other devices.

I would like the icon synchronized among devices. I could set it in one location (on the Families website possibly) and the icon would persist on all of my devices. I use a Mac at home, iPhone and iPad on the go, and a Windows PC at work.

Thanks again. Love iPassword!!!

• bullfish
    bullfish
    Community Member
    Options

@jrsunshine @Aleen
    I was just about to ask this same question. I too made the icon adjustment in 1Password for Mac but it does not sync to 1Password for Families (Teams). I wanted to try and move the login from Families back to local vault to see if that would resolve it but its all greyed out (which I remember seeing earlier this is a bug you all are working on).

So what are the steps needed to have 1Password for Families (Teams) to show icons when moved from local vault?

• @jrsunshine @bullfish The icon should update on your other devices, but it won't display in the web interface. Custom icons aren't currently supported there. I just tried adding an icon to 1Password for Mac and it showed up on my iPhone right away. Could you post what versions of the apps you're using? Also, what image format are you're using?

• bullfish
    bullfish
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

You answered my question, works fine on Mac, iPhone, iPad... Just not on the web interface. Would like to see this supported.

• @bullfish Ah okay. I'll forward your feedback about this. :) Thanks for the vote.

ref: B5-802

• jrsunshine
    jrsunshine
    Community Member
    Options

@Aleen So, I think it did not sync because the custom icons were placed on items in one of my Families vaults. In the Sync settings for 1Password Mac, the only vault that shows up as a candidate for sync is my Primary Vault. I have moved all of my passwords to my Families Vaults.
    The question at this point would be can the Family Vaults have changes made to them on Mac and synced to other devices (and the web too)?
    And the other question that derives from the others is, is my use of only families the correct methodology or the expected usage from Agilebits? Should I have most of my items in the Primary? I guess I am asking if I am using the Families product incirrectly?

I like the idea of your online web based product being my password store of record and syncing to my other devices.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Roy

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jrsunshine,

Sync is inherent with 1Password for Families. It isn't possible to have a Families vault that doesn't sync. As such there are no sync settings for those vaults in the Sync preferences. The only available settings are under the Teams tab, presently. Any changes you make to an item in a Families vault should be reflected on any other devices you have that vault available on. You may have to relaunch the app to see changes though. One notable exception to this, as penderworth mentioned, is that custom icons will not appear on the Families web interface.

As for your question about correct usage... I'm not sure there is a "correct" way, but yes, I think you are holding it right. ;) I personally don't have a Primary vault on my Mac anymore. All of my items are in Families or Teams vaults (most notably my Personal vault on my Families account).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.