Inability to copy/paste passwords

I realize the advantage of using 1Password generated passwords and I would like to, however I don't, simply because there doesn't seem to be the ability to copy/paste the passwords into the required field on what ever tab I need to fill, on my iPhone. Why can't you copy your password, so you can enter it elsewhere? I would be able to make unique, more secure passwords then. Thanks!

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@twillard Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. First, 1Password does have copy and paste and has had it for a very long time. (I think since it was first introduced but if not, very very shortly thereafter.) If you tap and hold on the password field, it should offer to copy the value for you. If it doesn't, that's something we would need to investigate separately.

As for filling, though, iOS 8 and later has support for extensions, and 1Password has one that works in Safari and over 250 other applications—including Twitter, Evernote, Slack, and Uber—that have added our code to their apps. The main thing is to make sure you've enabled the 1Password extension so it will be available in the share sheet for filling in Safari.

I hope that helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• twillard
    twillard
    Community Member

Jamie,

I believe I have solved my problem. While looking for Extensions on my iPhone, which I couldn't find, I saw where I had "Conceal Passwords" selected. After selecting "Reveal Password", it would show, however, "Copy" was not available. When I turned "Conceal Password" off, Copy was made available. Thanks

Edward

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hi, Edward. I'm glad you located the Copy button after revealing the password, but this should normally not be needed. Here's a screenshot of one of my items showing that I can Copy, Reveal, or display the password in Large Type.

Screenshot of 1Password item showing Copy, Reveal, and Large Type options

Does your login not show these same options?

If not, it might be helpful to know more about your setup such as is this a 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families vault or just a regular local 1Password vault? If you need to send any screenshots that you don't feel comfortable posting here, you can email them in the email thread we had going earlier this morning.

Thanks!

ref: BSS-95922-357

• twillard
    twillard
    Community Member

Jamie,

I just have "Copy" and "Large Type". "Reveal" does not appear. I am using a Primary vault as well.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the followup information, Edward. Jamie's away for a bit so I wanted to jump in here and help you. :)

I just have "Copy" and "Large Type". "Reveal" does not appear.

It's normal for "Reveal" not to appear in that popover menu when Settings > Security > Conceal Passwords is disabled.

Are you seeing anything at all there when the setting is enabled, or is just "Copy" missing?

Can you let us know which version of 1Password you're running? And if your iPhone hasn't been restarted since you've noticed this problem please give that a try and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for your help with troubleshooting this issue!

This discussion has been closed.