 Watch items

Frank_BE
Frank_BE
Community Member

When I remove the Primary vault from my iPhone and use only the Families vaults, items tagged Apple Watch don't appear on my Watch.
Known issue?
Pro features are, of course, activated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Frank_BE: 1Password for Apple Watch only supports items from the Primary vault currently, so that seems to explain why you're not seeing them there if you removed it. Can you tell me exactly how you managed to remove your primary vault though? That may shed some light on things as well.

• Frank_BE
    Frank_BE
    Community Member

OK, clear. That's what I thought.
    I'll keep the Primary vault on my iPhone until the app supports Families vaults. Just thought I'd bring the issue up.

I removed the Primary vault through the advanced section in the settings and then just started over and logged in to our Families account. I now have an empty Primary vault on my phone.

• Ah, understood. So you still have a Primary vault, it is just empty. Gotcha. Yes, we definitely hope to be able to bring the ability to add items from other vaults (especially Teams/Families vaults) to Apple Watch in the future.

Ben

• Frank_BE
    Frank_BE
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Oh, so you can only get items from the Primary vault on Watch? If you have a Secondary vault on your device, that won't work either?

• That is the current state of things, yes, @Frank_BE.

Ben

ref: OPI-3410

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

I emailed support about this very issue, and learned that the Apple Watch app only pulls items from the Primary vault. This is by design, but in our brave new world of Teams and Families, I'd certainly like to see it changed. (As a workaround, I keep a vestigial Primary vault around with only my Apple Watch items in it.)

Edit: Oops, my comment blocker hid all the responses. I hope mine is still helpful.

• Thanks for chiming in, @skylarp!

• percheron
    percheron
    Community Member

I hope that functional parity comes to Families soon. Between this Apple Watch limitation and the lack of smart folders, I will have to stay with my multiple dropbox solution for sharing among the family.

• Thanks for your feedback, @percheron!

This discussion has been closed.