Android design improvement - persistent search bar

Options
sameerchavan
sameerchavan
Community Member

I always get lost in finding your search bar. Its only visible when all items are selected from categories left menu. Thats really confusing. Why cannot you make it always visible on the top, no matter which menu is selected.
Also, your left menu bar is not effectively used. Please provide an option in settings to show the categories directly visible on the left menu. This is how it looks on the mac 1password.

Comments

• I would also like the search bar to have a more convenient location. It's really annoying to access right now.

• I completely agree with you about having the search option better visible on the Android version of 1Password. Right now, it requires at least 3 taps to get to the search option and we understand the importance of having search easily accessible for our users. Our team is working on a couple of design changes that will make features like this possible. Thanks for the feedback!

• dgantenbein
    dgantenbein
    Community Member
    Options

Please accept also my vote to make SEARCH button global also on Android. Tx for a great tool!

• Thank you for sharing your vote for this request!

• cvrabie
    cvrabie
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I can't upvote this enough. Search is the most common action we do. I'm not sure if a global search bar is the answer but it needs to be immediately accessible.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cvrabie,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added your vote to the issue. This is an improvement we are working to implement in a future release of 1Password for Android. :)

ref: OPA-61

• trouille2
    trouille2
    Community Member
    Options

Totally agree with this request, but I would like to understand why the ios app is so nicely designed in comparison with the Android one which seems to be an old design un-attractive.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • peri
    Options

Thanks for the votes! :)

We are working on making search more accessible and we're hoping to release it soon. That said, we also have a Material Design redesign in the works for a future update as well.

• bdbplatano
    bdbplatano
    Community Member
    Options

The global search has been a hotly requested feature for a loong time now. The app HAS search, I just want to see search everywhere and easily accessible. I understand the difficulties of working with encryption, but some recent mobile devices are more technologically advanced than some 2010 computers. Other than that, I love the app, I can deal with the app looking dated and not having Material Design, but basic functionality is a must, especially for a paid product.

• We hear you @bdbplatano. Material design is in the works, along with quicker access to search. We will have something to share in the very near future.

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member
    Options

Universal search please. Been waiting forever.

• Thanks for the :+1: @varunyellina! We are working on it! :)

• bdbplatano
    bdbplatano
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to see search is available everywhere! With the recent implementation of Material Design, Fingerprint API support and universal search, this app is now the holy grail :D

• Yay!! I'm so glad to hear that, @bdbplatano. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.