Feature request: Search from anywhere in the app

Options
phoenixrizing
phoenixrizing
Community Member

I'd like to see the search icon available from any screen in the app (except from the one for Settings, of course).

The way it is now, it's just not convenient enough. If I'm in Categories, I have to either click on "All Items" or into a category itself before I can actually search for something. Having the search icon there would be so useful.

Come to think of it, why don't you have any search ability at all from within Folders? Having the icon here would be good as well.

I have over 650 items stored in 1Password, so sometimes it would be faster to search than to scroll for something.

Comments

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member
    Options

Just checking in to see if any developers have this on the wish list for future updates to the app. ??

• Kevllar
    Kevllar
    Community Member
    Options

@phoenixrizing‌ Been asking for this since day one. Universal search has to be the number 1 requested feature. Hopefully we will get it soon. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/3867/feature-request-global-universal-search

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member
    Options

WOW! Since 2010?? That's not very encouraging to know the most requested feature has been ignored all that time. :((

Fingers are crossed though.

• saad
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hello! One of the most popular feature request on Android is to have quicker access to search after unlocking the vault. This is one of the requests our team is currently prioritizing for 1Password 4 and we hope to have it in an update soon. Thanks so much for your feedback.

• oncleben31
    oncleben31
    Community Member
    Options

I hope this feature will be deploy in the next release. User experiences is so different compared to iOS.

• Thanks @oncleben31‌ - I'll add your vote for this as well.

• deniman
    deniman
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

¿almost a year later? after a lot of people asked for universal search bar o almost a way to search easier than the actual design, I have to login and then tap to get out of the home screen (favorites etc) then goes to "all" and then I find de search bar to search for one thing. Too much taps.

I understand that the integration in lollipop makes easier and faster to login in webs and apps but 1password still doesn't show in a lot of apps and webs (wich login I already have in 1pass) so it would be nice to have the search bar in the first screen since I open the app because I need to search something.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I agree @deniman. I find it bemusing as to why such a simple change with such large usability gains is taking so long to be implemented.

• Usability is something that we will be focusing on heavily as we begin to update our user experience in response to Lollipop. You can expect that these changes will affect all corners of the app, including search. I have also past on a suggestion to feature search prominently in our filling feature that is currently in beta.

• oncleben31
    oncleben31
    Community Member
    Options

Seriously dev team. Still not implemented ! No visibility on ETA. I'm a fan of the Mac OS and iOS version but Android version is far away in term of quality and maturity.
    Tell us if the Android version is not in you priorities.

• peri
    Options

While we don't have an ETA on when we might implement this, we have received numerous requests for quicker access to search. Our devs are currently looking into this.

Android is very much a priority at AgileBits, and we have some really awesome improvements coming soon. :)

• Kevllar
    Kevllar
    Community Member
    Options

Can I Haz Universal Search????? :'(

• I certainly want you to haz universal search! I can't promise anything at the moment, but our team is working on some major changes to 1Password on Android. :) We'll keep you posted!

• bdbplatano
    bdbplatano
    Community Member
    Options

Finally haz universal search. THANK YOU!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• You're absolutely welcome! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.