Adding additional vaults [requires admin privileges]

benjaminstembridge
benjaminstembridge
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Families

Is there any way we can add vaults as a none admin user?

I have our family account set up and then me, my wife and daughter with separate accounts. I'd like to have separate vaults for work and stuff like that on my profile so they act like the personal vault does.

Is this feature there and I'm just being silly and not seeing it or if it's not there is this a feature coming in the future?

Many thanks

Ben

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Ben ( @benjaminstembridge ),

Welcome to the forums! And thanks for your interest in 1Password for Families.

Currently only admins can create vaults, but that is something we could consider changing for the future. :) Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

The potential for 1Password for Families is great, echoing some of the responses from other members being able to manage which users can do what would be great for example I don't want my wife or daughter to be able to accidentally change username and passwords.

They both will admit they leave the computer stuff up to me, they'd just like to have easy access to Netflix and eBay for example.

That and as previously mentioned vault management for all would make this a no brainer to move to families over managing all the individual accounts I do now.

Take care

Ben

• Agreed; I don't think your situation is very uncommon. These are definitely areas we can look toward for improvement in the future.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.