ETA

Options
NMO
NMO
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
Any ETA or at least guestimation? Will it be a paying upgrade?
Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @NMO!

As a long-standing policy, we don't predict release dates or feature sets. Software development is fraught with surprises and "necessary distractions" and we don't want to disappoint anyone by missing an arbitrary and self-imposed deadline.

Please be assured that the entire team is working full-out to get 1Password ready for an initial release. As it's an initial release, there's not a previous version to be upgraded, and Store-bought apps work differently than those downloaded from our web site—that said, pricing decisions have yet to be determined. I hope you don't mind my suggesting that you take a look at our 1Password for Teams and 1Password for Families offerings—there's a lot of interesting information there!

Thank you so much for your interest in the app, @NMO!

• NMO
    NMO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DBrown,

I understand for the release date, but a hint would be welcome.

Regarding to the price matter, I'm not following you. In what way is it different from an update of the curent Windows version?

Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

The beta app is "new from the ground up" and separate from 1Password for Windows (a.k.a. "the desktop program"). Like all our product line, historically, licensing is "per user, per platform", meaning that a license for (say) 1Password for Mac doesn't get you a license for (say) 1Password for Windows, and neither of those gets you the 1Password for iOS app. In our own web store, we can provide discounts for cross-platform purchases, and we can follow Apple's lead by making that software accessible to you and up to five family members.

All that said, one of the reasons I directed you to our Teams/Families offerings is that a subscription to either of those effectively gives you the right to use the platform-specific apps and programs on as many supported platforms as you like, at no additional charge. Licensing is better covered elsewhere by people more familiar with the details than I am, but I believe that's the gist of it.

As a Windows user with an iPad and an Android phone, for example, a subscription to 1Password for Families would give you the right to use the new beta app for Windows 10, 1Password for iOS, and 1Password for Android without having to pay to license or purchase those products (in addition to the web UI to your Families account, of course). Here's a clip from the Families page:

I hope that helps, @NMO. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.