how do I talk to a support person

Options
Lynn1954
Lynn1954
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just starting a 30 day trial, am loading some wallet info and sofware info. How do I know this is working and how do I test the single password feature?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I know if the password data i have entered is creating an encrypted password?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lynn1954: I think the "single password feature" you're referring to must be the Master Password you setup when you first started using 1Password. This will be the eponymous "One Password" [sic] you use to unlock the app and give you access to all the other passwords (and other important information you store within) — much easier than memorizing all of them!

The best way to get started is to take it one step at a time, day by day. For example, maybe today you login to your bank to pay a bill: save your bank login in 1Password! That way the next time you need to login to the bank, you can press Ctrl \ to have 1Password fill it for you instead of typing it in manually!

And down the road, once you're comfortable using it, you can have 1Password generate a random password for the site so you can change it to something unique that no one can guess to keep you more secure...and of course you don't have to remember it or type it in either!

I hope this gives you a couple ideas, and be sure to let me know if you have any questions at all! :)

• Lynn1954
    Lynn1954
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Brenty,

Thank you for your response. I am pleased to now know how to have 1Password fill in my password for me with "Ctrl\".
    I have a few other questions:
    1) What would really help me is access to a user manual for how to implement this product. Is there one available? Where?
    2) Will 1Password create new passwords for me when a site requires it to be changed due to passage of a certain amount of time?
    3) My laptop fills in my passwords via Google. Should I disable that feature?

Regards,
    Lynn1954

• Hi @Lynn1954,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

1) What would really help me is access to a user manual for how to implement this product. Is there one available? Where?

Yes, in the main program, you can go to the Help Menu > 1Password User's Guide to get the manual or click here: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/

We also have a support page with a knowledge base that you can use to search for a specific feature: https://support.agilebits.com

2) Will 1Password create new passwords for me when a site requires it to be changed due to passage of a certain amount of time?

1Password doesn't have that ability to change the password automatically for you in the background. You would have to do it manually on the site and work with 1Password to update it for you. It does make sure it can capture that new password and prompt you if you'd like to update your existing Login item.

3) My laptop fills in my passwords via Google. Should I disable that feature?

We recommend doing that, yes. However, you should do it after you're sure that you're happy with 1Password and will stick with it. If you change your mind about 1Password, at least you'd be able to fall back to Google easily.

This discussion has been closed.