Cannot sync phone

loanmaker
loanmaker
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Android

I had set up wifi sync and was working great with a android phone but I got a new phone from Verizon a droid turbo 2. Now my wifi will not sync. keeps saying timed out. I am set up to the same network and already use wifi on the phone to surf the internet but cannot sync so I cannot use my phone to get into my accounts. I get to where is says start sync and that is where it just stops.
1 password version 4.6.0.598
Phone new download from google play
windows 10

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:switch-to-wifi, kb-search:cannot sync existing vault with pone, kb-search:cannot sync existing vault with phone, kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb:configure-windows-firewall-proxy

Comments

• Hi @loanmaker. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Wi-Fi sync. Do you have any firewalls or antivirus software on either the Windows or Android device? If so, can you please try disabling them and syncing again?

Then try this:

1. Open your Android device settings and turn WiFi off and back on
    2. On your PC, turn Wi-Fi Off and then turn it back on
    3. Make sure that your Android device is connected to the same WiFi network as your PC
    4. Open 1Password on your PC and login with your Master Password
    5. Choose File > Wi-Fi Sync. This will open the window with a secret code--make sure to leave that window open through the whole sync process
    6. Go back to 1Password on Android and configure Wi-Fi sync again.

If your iPhone still doesn't see your Mac, please try unplugging your router for about 10 seconds and then trying it again.

Let me know how that goes! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.