Custom properties?

MichelYpma
MichelYpma
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Business and Teams

Hi 1Password,

We're just trying out 1Password and really like it thusfar.
What we would like even more is the possibillity to customize the forms of a new entry.
We can select a variety of types like database, or server and so forth. But in server for example we can rename and remove fields and sections, but can't add any new sections or fields. The default layout doesn't fit our needs. Is that something that could be made possible?
Even nicer would it be to let teams define their own default templates for these properties or add their own form templates to the default set.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @MichelYpma, and welcome to our forum!

Which platform are you using 1Password on? My experience is mostly with 1Password for Mac and iOS, and you can add custom sections and fields in items using either of those. You can't currently add new sections and fields in the web app for your team account, but we will add that capability eventually.

• MichelYpma
    MichelYpma
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Hi @rob ,

Thanks for the quick reply!
    We indeed use the webapp but i have installed the windows desktop client with the hopes these functionalities would be there too... :)
    But no. Not yet though.
    Any idea when it will be possible in the webapp or the windows client?
    Thanks again!

• Jacob
    edited February 2016

@MichelYpma Thanks for letting us know. I don't have any specific timelines to share with you on when custom sections and fields will be ready on those platforms, but I'll definitely forward your feedback to our development team to express the interest. :) In the meantime, @dahanbn's workaround, while quite strange indeed, is about all there is outside the iOS and Mac apps. Hopefully that helps for now.

ref: B5-650, B5-651

This discussion has been closed.