I have purchased 1Password premium but I'm not able to add a new item on Android version

ianf1uk
ianf1uk
Community Member

1Password works well across my devices, syncing properly, etc. But when I try to add a new login thru my Android phone 1Password brings up a pop-up says my free trial has ended and I need to buy premium. As all versions are syncing on one account and I can add this data thru my other device I wonder what I've got to do to add the premium licence to Android?

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:license on android, kb:add-license

Comments

• ianf1uk
    ianf1uk
    Community Member

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password and am now running on v6.1 but the new 1Password does not seem to acknowledge that it is supposed to be running in Premium mode, e.g. pressing 'Premium features' indicates that I have 30 days remaining in your free trial.

• ianf1uk
    ianf1uk
    Community Member

Following some further searching I'm thinking the problem probably lies with aligning the Pro license bought for my iOS devices vs the Android/Google Play environment which has no link/access to enable Pro on my Android phone. So the question is how do i to get the cross-match to my phone of the license I bought for iOS, please?

• Hi @ianf1uk. Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about our approach to software licensing in our knowledgebase.

The Pro features on iOS are handled through iTunes and linked to the Apple ID they're purchased with. Since you purchased the Pro features on iOS, you can unlock them on all of your other iOS devices by installing them using the same Apple ID. The Premium features on Android are handled through Google Play and linked to the Google account they're purchased with.

With that being said, unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. Unfortunately, since the sales are handled through Google and Apple respectively, they are not transferable.

I hope that clarifies things a bit! Please let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• ianf1uk
    ianf1uk
    Community Member

Got it. Thanks, Peri. So I can use the iOS 1Password as the master version and updates made on this platform will be sync-ed to Android. If I want to be able to update through Android then I need to buy another Pro license. OK.

• Yep! You got it. :)

This discussion has been closed.