Some autofilled fields don't seem to be recognized by host

New user, first time poster, be gentle.... :-)

Windows 7
1Password for Windows V4.6.0.604 (also happens on my iMac)
Chrome plugin 4.5.3.90
Firefox plugin: 4.5.3

A few sites seem to not recognize the value in an autofilled field. Case in point is the HostGator billing login page at https://portal.hostgator.com/login

Using CTRL\ fills the proper email address and password into the login form, but clicking the Login button results in an "Invalid email address" message. If I manually type in the exact same address over the autofilled one, then it works.

I have deleted the entry and re-created several times with no change in behavior.

Thanks and regards,
mark

1Password Version: V4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @DrJekyll. Thanks for your post. Sorry for the trouble you're having with the hostgator.com login. Sometimes a site has special Javascript handling for validating user input that do not fire if 1Password makes the changes to the values. We do fire events before and after we set the value, which helps in most cases.

One thing I would be curious about is if you let 1Password fill your email address and then add and remove one character from the end of it, does that allow the email address to be recognized as valid?

I don't know if anyone on our team has a hostgator.com login, but I will check around and see. It sounds like the only way we'll be able to know if we have a working solution is if we have access to a valid login. I will open a ticket to get us to investigate this. I'm sorry for the trouble in the meantime.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

ref: OPX-1128

• DrJekyll
    DrJekyll
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Perhaps we have a false alarm here. While trying to come up with something that you could reproduce without actually logging in - I wound up deleting and re-creating the 1Password login for this account. While I don't see any difference in the information stored for new one and the old one - the new one is now working!

Sorry for the churn. I'll disappear back into the ether now....

Thanks for a great product.
    mark

• rkbaker48
    rkbaker48
    Community Member

I have had a similar problem with www.starbucks.com. I cannot use 1Password to sign in to my account at starbucks.com. I cannot even copy and paste my password from 1Password and log in successfully. I have to type both my username and password into the login boxes and then hit return. I have been in touch with Starbucks tech support. Their only suggestion was to not use a password manager (which is singularly unhelpful, IMHO). I'd be grateful to hear if this gets fixed. Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@DrJekyll That's not unheard of that saving a new login would help things, but it's odd that the form filling worked previously but logging in failed. In any case, if you have any other issues, you know where to find us. :)

@rkbaker Starbucks is a known issue and one we're actively working on. We have a fix for it, but in the process of creating the fix, we found that some other of our tests broke, so now we're in the process of getting that all fixed up. I just want you to know it is indeed something we're pursuing and hope to have released soon. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.