Anroid app has stopped syncing with my Mac. I am on same wifi network.

RxH
RxH
Community Member

I have deleted and reinstalled Android app. Nothing solves the problem.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 4.4.2
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:mac androind sync

Comments

• Hi @RxH. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble Wi-Fi syncing between your Android and Mac. Are you seeing an error message when attempting to sync? If so, please let me know what the error message says.

Do you have any antivirus software on either device? Also, it's possible something is blocking our discovery service from connecting to Bonjour on your Mac. Do you have the OS X firewall enabled? If so, please open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall on the Mac, and then click the lock to make changes. Open up the firewall options and make sure that it is not set to "Block all incoming connections."

1Password on Android uses Network Service Discovery to connect with Apple’s Bonjour service for WiFi sync. Having the firewall set to block all incoming connections will block 1Password on your Android device from being able to communicate with 1Password on Mac.

Let me know what you find out!

• RxH
    RxH
    Community Member

no error message ever received
    firewall was never set on 'block all'
    uninstalled anti virus on Android and still no sync
    reinstalled anti virus and was able to sync
    Strange!
    something must have been corrupted somewhere.
    Thanks very much for your help

• @RxH Hmm, it is strange that it started working after a simple reinstall of your antivirus. What were you using? I'd like to check it out myself to see if there's anything we can do to let users know in the future. :)

• RxH
    RxH
    Community Member

I was first using Bitdefender. Uninstalled it.
    Replaced it with Avira.

• Thanks for the info! I'll let @penderworth know. :)

This discussion has been closed.