Once vault is open how do I open a website that has been set up and is stored in the vault?

Using Mac 10.8.5, 1password 4 Installed and vault opens with a master password without a problem . However, When I open a website in the vault I still have to use my old password for that site to open it. I thought the website opened automatically with the new generated password instead of my old one. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 3.8.22
OS Version: OS X 10.8.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Once vault is open how do I open a website that has been set up and is stored in the vault?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bob320: It sounds like you may have a mismatch there. Your description indicates you're using 1Password 4, but the version information at the bottom suggests you're using 1Password 3. I wonder if you're using both, or one version of the app and another of the browser extension. Be sure to let me know as it will make a difference on what needs to be done next.

Additionally, when you decide to use a new strong password for a website for a site you want to use 1Password for, you need to let two "parties" know: the website itself, and 1Password. Just like your house, if the "key" (in 1Password) doesn't match the "lock" (on the website), the former won't be able to get you into the latter. So a good place to start would be to have 1Password store your current login information, and then you can generate a new strong password and change it on the website and in your 1Password login item:

Changing a website password

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.