Unable to log in to NewTek - webcontrolcenter or domain email addys

When I attempt to log in to main account at NewTek with correct URL www.webcontrolcenter.com & log in info, 1Password inserts /? after the URL & page not available error message comes up. When I try to log in to various email accounts for my domain hosted at NewTek, 1Password inserts username & password, but error message comes back saying username and/or password incorrect. In either situation I can log in by hand not using 1Password. This happens both in FF (43.0.**) and IE (latest version). The failure is similar to that I had with PasswordGenie which I am I getting rid of.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @beaconbb,

If you open the site manually to the correct URL in Firefox and then press Control + \ to invoke 1Password to fill, does it work?

• beaconbb
    beaconbb
    Community Member

No that procedure does not work either for the control panel log in or the various email accounts.

• beaconbb
    beaconbb
    Community Member

When I log in for the mail accounts (NewTek uses Smarter Mail), the log in procedure appears to work with username and password inserted; then an error message pops up saying that email or password is incorrect. This same issue happened with PasswordGenie which led me to think that there is some interactive malfunction with Smarter Mail.

When I attempt to log in to the control panel for NewTek, 1Password either does nothing (when I click the log in via the 1Password logo in firefox) and by that I mean the URL never displays so the log in page never displays OR if I double click the link in 1Password, the URL comes up but with a /? after the URL and the log in page is never displayed. It looks like this - http://www.webcontrolconter.com/?

• beaconbb
    beaconbb
    Community Member

The above comments are when using firefox 43.0. With IE, when I click the 1Password logo for the NewTek control panel (main log in) in the browser I get the error message "page not available".

• Hi @beaconbb,

We made some changes to fix this in the latest betas of 1Password extension. Could you try again with the beta to see if it works better? Here's how:

1. Uninstall 1Password extension in Firefox with this guide
    2. Restart Firefox and then open this page in Firefox: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    3. Click on Enable Betas under the green button and then press the green button to install the beta version of 1Password extension
    4. After the install, restart Firefox once more and test the page to see if 1Password works better.
  • beaconbb
    beaconbb
    Community Member

I followed the procedure. No improvements. The control panel log in now results in "page not found" and the log in to smarter mail appears to log in then get same error message that username or password are incorrect. I know they aren't because I have logged in manually with them many times.

• Hi @beaconb,

Is it still appending ? at the end of the URL?

Try this:

1. Open the site manually in Firefox, enter the correct username/password but do not submit just yet
    2. Click on 1Password icon to select Settings > Save New Login and choose the option to create a new Login item rather than replacing an existing one.
    3. Edit this new Login item in the main 1Password program, look for the Submit option and change it to Never, press OK to save the change.

Now, open the site again in Firefox manually and press Control + \ to fill the new Login item. It won't submit, so try pressing the Login button, any changes?

• beaconbb
    beaconbb
    Community Member

It did not append the ? at the end of the URL with the beta version.
    I followed the above procedure - control\ didn't work (I have an iMac with dedicated win 7 pro partition & apple keyboard - so tried that control\ and command).

However, if I went to 1Password and double clicked the url desired, it went to the log in screen and entered the log in information; I hit submit and was in.

The same success happens if I click the login from the 1Password icon in firefox.

So, the difference seems to be whether or not submit was checked. I will try the email log ins later today with the same procedure and see if that works. Thank you.

• Hi @beaconbb,

Thanks, I'll let our team know about this and see if we can make it work with the auto-submit feature. I'm also moving this thread to the Saving & Filling forum as this is an issue with the extension.

This discussion has been closed.