Admin using Safari for old Teams

Hi,

I have created two teams (one for work, and one for home) before the crypto tweak to allow use of Safari.

Not being able to do admin from Safari (or more specifically any browser on iOS) is the one bottleneck before really starting to use this new teams feature.

If the auto-migration is not going to be available soon, is it possible to delete and re-create these accounts?

As I'm currently the only person really using these yet I am able and willing to schedule migrating all data out of the teams and then back into newly created ones.

P.S. It would be nice if this also didn't loose the early adopter benefits :)

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Kris_Shannon! I have a few accounts as well, so you're not alone there. Since I don't have a timeline to share on the auto-migration, we can definitely delete your account so you can just start using the new team instead. There aren't any early adopter benefits I'm aware of, since Teams is still in beta. ;) Could you send us an email at support@1password.com from the address you used to create your account? We would be happy to help out with getting things moved over and deletion.

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

Re: "early adopter benefits"

I was referring to the Family Account as mentioned in the newsletter (2 months free, twice the storage, 7 members)

Re-reading it now, I'm guessing that's actually for anyone who happens to sign up before March 21st, regardless of whether they've been a 1Pasword user before now.

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

Because I really like the team names I managed to get; I would like to be ready to re-register them as soon as possible after they are deleted before anyone else nicks them. Is there any kind of "cooling off" period between deleting a team and being able to register a new team with the same name? If so, is it possible that the support person who handles my request might be able to get this waived?

What are the likely support hours that my request might be actioned? I live Down Under and have noticed that most responses in the forum here seem to be between 3am and 2pm AEST.

• @Kris_Shannon Yep, that's how the early adopter benefits are set up. :) It makes things a bit simpler.

Because I really like the team names I managed to get; I would like to be ready to re-register them as soon as possible after they are deleted before anyone else nicks them. Is there any kind of "cooling off" period between deleting a team and being able to register a new team with the same name? If so, is it possible that the support person who handles my request might be able to get this waived?

We'll email you right after things have been deleted and you should be able to create an account with the domain immediately. We're mainly based in EST, so I'd recommend emailing in from 8am-5pm in that timezone. We may do things a bit later than 5pm EST, but honestly I don't think anyone will snatch up your domain. People aren't patrolling for free ones or anything. ;)

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

Just sent emails from the addresses used to create the accounts.

• Looks like we got everything wrapped up fairly quickly via email. :) Let us know if you need anything else!

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

My family account was handled (ticket [#ZGQ-94735-736]), but as far as I can tell the business one hasn't been yet (ticket [#KXB-57439-652])

• @Kris_Shannon Ah, sorry for the mixup. I just got things processed and replied to your email. Thanks for posting the number.

ref: KXB-57439-652

This discussion has been closed.