Importing Vault on Android

harrison_caudill
harrison_caudill
Community Member

I've been going through various guides, faq's and manuals, and I can't seem to figure out how to import my vault on my android device. It sounds like you're in the process of switching from the .agilekeychain format to the .OpVault format. Unfortunately, I can't export a .agilekeychain because my mac version is too new, and I can't import a .opvault or .pif because android does not yet support that.

Does there exist any reasonable mechanism for importing password vaults into android?

Any updates on the linux product? I'm currently having to run that through wine.

If I have overlooked an FAQ somewhere, please do point me in the direction of up-to-date documentation.

Thanks,
Harrison

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: yosemite
Sync Type: none
Referrer: ug:android/quick-start, ug:android/requirements, ug:android/supported-languages, ug:android/existing-user, kb-search:android

Comments

• Hi @harrison_caudill. Thanks for reaching out today. I'll be happy to walk you through syncing with Android.

1Password on Android currently uses the AgileKeychain format for Dropbox and local storage syncing . We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on adding in the future.

1Password on Android has support for Wi-Fi sync which uses an internal version of the OPVault format. If you want to avoid switching over to AgileKeychain right now, you can switch over to Wi-Fi sync on your Android device and switch to OPVault format on other platforms.

That said, you can also create an AgileKeychain vault on your Mac if you prefer to sync using Dropbox. Here's what you'll need to do:

• Launch 1Password for Mac
    • Under Help > Tools, uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync (this will let you create the .agilekeychain instead)
    • Disable sync
    • Set up sync, and an .agilekeychain will be created from the internal database in 1Password for Mac

Let me know if that does the trick! Thanks!

• harrison_caudill
    harrison_caudill
    Community Member

DropBox is NOT an option. I do not share these files with external systems where offline attacks are available.

• peri
    edited February 2016

Can you clarify which sync solution you're wanting to use on Android? Are you trying to manually transfer a folder in order to sync using local storage?

If you don't want to use Dropbox, then Wi-Fi sync might be a good option for you. You don't need to change the format to enable Wi-Fi sync. You can find instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/android/wifi.html

• harrison_caudill
    harrison_caudill
    Community Member

wifi sync worked. It doesn't permit flexibility to do things like selective exports and imports, etc, but it gets the job done.

Any update on Linux?

• Glad to hear Wi-Fi sync did the trick. :)

That said, I don't have any news on Linux. Our developers are concentrating on improving 1Password on the platforms we currently support, and we need to finish up some other projects before we can consider development there. A native Linux app would be great, though, and I'll pass your vote on to the team.

• harrison_caudill
    harrison_caudill
    Community Member

sweet, thanks!

I'm a big fan of 1P so far, and it really helps with things like sharing credentials with my wife.

• No problem! Thanks for the support! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.