I'm trying to populate my family version of 1Password with my current Password 6 & my wife's version

tmadeiramd
tmadeiramd
Community Member

Problem 1) I have an agile bits copy of 1 Password 6 in my "Primary Vault". I want to populate or migrate this to the family version without reentering 300+ items.
Problem 2) My wife has 2 copies of 1 Password 6. One purchased from agile bits and 1 from Apple's App Store. I want to gather up her two data bases and import them into the family version of 1Password.
I

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-access-control, kb:ios-itunes-backups, kb:install-browser-extension, kb:install-beta, kb:import

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hi @tmadeiramd,

Thanks for being an early adopter of 1Password for Families! We'll be happy to help you move your data into your Family vaults.

In fact, we have a great how-to article describing all the steps to do so, starting with adding your new Families account to your existing 1Password for Mac apps. You can do this with each version of 1Password that you have:

Migrate to a Family or Team account

Let us know if you have any questions along the way, or anything else we can help you with. Cheers! :)

• tmadeiramd
    tmadeiramd
    Community Member

I have 2 accounts now. The first one I set up is madeira-family & the second is madeira. I'm looking at my 1Password App & I see a "Primary" Vault which has all of my data and a second vault with my wife's name that is now a mashup of her data + my data.
    When I look on my family's URL, I see vaults "Personal", "Shared", "Tony's" & "Nancy's" and none of them contain any items. When I click on "Personal" vault I can see grayed-out Categories displayed that I have on my 1Password App; however, there are 0 items in them in my URL version.
    Right now, I sign into my 1Password App with its old sign in, and I sign into my URL family version with another password. I think I want to take the App version and move my "Primary" Vault into the URL version & dump my wife's mashed up Vault then import her data from her computer and her copy of 1Password. What do you think?
    To end this master piece of literature, I'm noting that the "Primary" vault with the pull down menu on my app version offers the "madeira-family" options of vaults and not the "madeira" options. It seems like I'm close but there is a disconnect that I don't get.

Thank for you efforts and I hope you don't end up with eyestrain during the process.
    Peace and Goodwill to All!

• @tmadeiramd Thanks for the additional info! I think the guide Vee linked to would be perfect for helping you get started with things. All you need to do is add your account to the apps on your computer and your wife's, then move your data over to the vaults there. If you have any questions about it, please let us know. I'm excited to hear of Families. :)

This discussion has been closed.