is latest version keychain readable by version 3?

Options

I have a family license for 1Password 3 that runs on a few Macs of various ages, syncing via Dropbox. I would like to upgrade to the latest version, but one or two of the older Macs are incapable of upgrading the OS X to the latest version. If I upgrade some of the machines to the latest 1Password, will the keychain still be readable by the older Macs running version 3? Or is there a 1PasswordReader version for them that would work? (I can do without the browser extensions on the old Macs if necessary.)

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2 (some) / OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:is latest version keychain readable by version 3?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DavidCanright: The AgileKeychain format is fully supported on all platforms, with one caveat: old versions of 1Password do not know about the cool customization that is possible in later versions (4.0 and later). So if you're living in a diverse world of old and new, you'll want to make sure that you're using the old stuff in a read-only fashion. Making changes in 1Password 3 and then using the same data in 1Password 4/5/6 can cause you a lot of headaches. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• DavidCanright
    DavidCanright
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : Thanks for the quick helpful response! OK, I will go ahead and upgrade the machines I can, and thereafter not make any keychain changes with the version 3 platforms.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds like a plan. You're most welcome! You should be all set, but we're here for you if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.