I can no longer login.

neeleycharles
neeleycharles
Community Member

I've had 1Password on my Mac for about a year, but yesterday it started showing me this message. I am using the computer from which I purchased the app, so this doesn't make sense. I have not made any changes to my Apple ID.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dhogan829
    dhogan829
    Community Member

when I booted up my iMac just now, a message came up "verifying 1Password"; when it finished loading, I was asked to sign in to provide apple password, Apple ID already filled in. There was a message that I purchased 1Password through a different device and needed to update. I entered my apple password and received the message ("unexpected error while signing in). I rebooted; got the same verifying 1Password mentioned and attempted to provide apple password. I just updated to the newest version of 1 Password this week; Have never had this issue before

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: ug:mac/, kb-search:unexpected error occurred while signing in

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@neeleycharles - That message seems to be saying that you are running your Mac with a different Apple ID than the one you used to get your license from the Mac App Store. Have you changed your Apple ID?

If that doesn't make sense, you are going to have to work with Apple to figure out why you are getting the message. Apple doesn't provide any access to software vendors to the Mac App Store. They don't even tell them who has purchased their applications. So AgileBits folks won't have any way to intervene.

• neeleycharles
    neeleycharles
    Community Member

No, I am using the same Apple ID I have had for a number of years.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Something must be wrong on the Apple end. There is another user (@dhogan) who just reported the same thing in a post in the Lounge section of the forum. I wonder if waiting a little while would help? I really don't know - sorry.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@dhogan829 - I suspect something is wrong on Apple's end at the moment. Another user posted about the same issue this morning, here, and it seems unlikely to me to be a coincidence. I wonder whether waiting a bit will solve the issue. I don't really know, and no one from AgileBits can intervene directly in the Mac App Store' Apple doesn't permit that.

• bhutter
    bhutter
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

I'm having the exact same problem! Just started happening yesterday. It works perfectly fine on one computer and not on another. Is it a licensing thing? I have been a customer for many, many years. This is the first problem I've ever had. Very strange. It's not a problem with Apple. I am able to log on with my Apple ID and password in iCloud and I can sign in with no problem. Is this a bug with the Feb 19th update on 1 Password to ver 6.0.2?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@dhogan829 - By the way, I am going to move your post into the other thread. There is now a third user with the same issue, and it will help staff if we keep all of this in the same place. I hope you won't mind,

Now that I've done so, I see that things are interwoven in an unhelpful way. But I still think having everything in this thread will be best all around.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@dhogan and @bhutter and @neeleycharles -

Here is a thread that includes a solution for at least some sufferers with this problem. Give that a try?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/59723/1password-cannot-verify-apple-login

• Hi @dhogan829 @bhutter @neeleycharles! Sorry for the trouble. The post hawkmoth linked to above has all the info you should need to get the app working again. Please let us know if it helps. :)

• bhutter
    bhutter
    Community Member

Yep, that fixed it! Deleting the Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plistIt.
    It was an Apple problem all along. I wonder what caused it?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! Thanks for letting us know that helped you to solve the problem. I'm afraid I don't know much about what's causing that to happen for some customers with certain Mac App Store apps, but it seems to be related to an expired Mac App Store certificate, which unfortunately is a bit out of our control.

Fortunately it sounds like someone found a workaround to resolve this. If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.