There's no date columns for search results. How do I determine which of the results is newest?

Options
broz
broz
Community Member

I go to a web site I've not visited in awhile and hit command \ which returns 8 or 10 possible choices. I open the main 1Password app and search for that site, and see the 8 - 10 possible choices, but there is no way to sort by date. I'd like to pick the latest one and see what's inside. The View menu doesn't offer a way to add those columns. It's annoying and has been bugging me awhile.

1Password Version: 6.1 beta 3 6100003
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:There's no date columns for search results!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@broz - There is a magnifying glass icon on the left end of the search field. Click that and you'll see some additional options, including searching for the most recently modified records. There also an option to Show Other Options. There you'll be able to further customize your search. You should be able to do what you want.

• broz
    broz
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm. Not on my 1Password 6.1.
    Steps
    1 clear search field
    2 select All Items (far left). Date columns and other columns show up.
    3 click search field
    4 click the magnifying glass. nothing happens.
    5 control click magnifying glass, I get options for Spelling, Substitutions, etc. cut copy paste are disabled. No search options.
    6 enter "wsj" in field to search for wsj sites. 10 items appear. Columns "Title" "Website" "Username" "Password strength" appear. No others. No way to add them...

WAIT a sec!
    If I resize the columns by moving them to the left, I see a blank space to the right. If I right click that blank space, I get options to add date columns.

Aha!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@broz:

4 click the magnifying glass. nothing happens.
    5 control click magnifying glass, I get options for Spelling, Substitutions, etc. cut copy paste are disabled. No search options.

Try 1P6 > Edit > Find > Show Search Options.

The magnifying glass is currently exceptionally temperamental (I'm not even sure if it's intended to work any more).

Stephen

• Hey @broz! What Stephen just mentioned in his last post is a great workaround if the magnifying glass if giving you trouble. That silly thing. Even more amusing: I didn't know about the magnifying glass trick. I guess I need to start doing more complex searches. :wink:

Our developers are aware of the touchy magnifying glass, and we should have it fixed up soon.

ref: OPM-3629

• broz
    broz
    Community Member
    Options

I can get the job done now.

What Stephen suggested is good, but not quite what I was looking for (THANKS Stephen!). His suggestion doesn't offer me an easy way to find the latest version from a list of results. With his method I can choose all items modified since some date, but not the latest item whose title is "wsj". That can be accomplished with a "modified date" column, and sorting.

By finding that I could resize the existing columns, and add a column on the end, I solved the problem. It seems like I should be able to choose which columns I want from the View menu, but that is not the case.

This all started when I tried to log into the Wall Street Journal using command - \, and found I had to choose from a list. This occurs for a number of web sites. Which choice is the correct one? So, I went into the main 1Pw app to figure it out, and edit/delete old entries.

You know the rest of the story.

Thanks for the help!

• @broz Glad to hear it! :) We're happy to help anytime. Feel free to let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.