How do I sync with iCloud on Windows? [Use Dropbox instead]

MikeT
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Update Graphical User Interface (GUI) 1password v4 Windows?.

Comments

• lederg
    lederg
    Community Member

How do I sync windows with iPhone and ipad

• lederg
    lederg
    Community Member

The icloud option is not appearing on my computer toshiba laptop when i want t sync to that . How is this please ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lederg: Sorry for the confusion! CloudKit (the Apple framework that 1Password and other apps use to sync data with iCloud) is not available on Windows. However, if you're only syncing 1Password data between computers, you could use iCloud Drive instead. But this is not readable by the mobile apps, so Dropbox Sync is a better option in most cases since you can use it to sync between your Mac, iOS devices, and PC. I hope this helps! :)

• lederg
    lederg
    Community Member

Thank you sir. I have being trying dropbox as well without success. it seams to work fine with the tosiba laptop but linking to the ipad and iphone is unsuccessful and how do i right click on an ipad or iphone ???

• Hi @lederg,

You won't need to right-click to change the sync method on your iPhone and iPad.

To change the syncing method, please

1. Open 1Password on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad),
    2. Tap Settings,
    3. Tap Sync,
    4. Select the vault you wish to change the syncing settings for, most likely the Primary Vault,
    5. Tap on iCloud Sync to change the syncing method,
    6. And then follow the steps in our guide article to set up Dropbox sync: Setting up Dropbox sync.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.