1Password not showing up in Mac App Store (OS) purchases

Options
Annette1password
Annette1password
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Mac

I've purchased this app twice for my Macbook Pro since 2012, the last time was June 2014, so a year ago. I reinstalled my OS recently and went to redownload 1password but it's not showing up in my Mac App Store previous purchases. Let me be clear, I'm not talking about iOS, I'm talking about OS. I've purchased it for my mobile devices as well and I have it on each one.

I should not have to repurchase an app I paid for a year ago. Please, let me know if there's a way to get this software outside of the Mac App Store.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.5
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You definitely should be able to download 1PW from the Mac App Store if you have purchased it previously.

One possibility is that you have hidden the purchase. Somewhere in the account options is an Unhide Purchases item.

• Annette1password
    Annette1password
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, good point danco! I'll check!

• Annette1password
    Annette1password
    Community Member
    Options

Heh the only thing hidden was Mavericks lol. Seems fitting. No 1password though :|

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Annette1password - One other thing to mention, although I doubt it is relevant to this case, is that you must be logged in to the Mac App Store with the same AppleID used for the original purchase. When I've set up new Macs, it seems like Apple almost expects the user to create a new AppleID as the setup proceeds. You can insist on using an old one, but in our household my wife and I each have two AppleIDs because of that kind of confusion. My wife made purchases under two different AppleIDs before we got this all sorted out, and Apple was not helpful about getting things merged. In fact, they refuse to do so.

So this is a random thought based on my experience that prompts a reminder about using the same AppleID to get previously purchased apps and media transferred to a new Mac.

• Annette1password
    Annette1password
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thank you for the reply, hawkmoth, it's a good suggestion. I am using the same Apple ID I used to purchase and now this ID is what we use for Family Sharing (this is the only ID we've ever used as a family, we just shared apps) but, with all the iCloud and Apple ID changes through out the years, I did log in with my personal iCloud account to see if it was under that account and it's not. It appears I've never used that ID to purchase anything at all.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Annette1password,

I searched our own system for the email address from your forum account, and it looks like you've purchased licenses from the AgileBits Store - you bought a license for 1Password 3 for Mac back in 2010, and you upgraded it to a 1Password 4/5 license in 2014 (I resent that license info to your email in case you need a copy). If you also purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, that would have been a separate purchase and we wouldn't have any information about that in our own system.

If you're positive that you also purchased it from the Mac App Store and that you're signed into the Mac App Store with the correct Apple ID, you'll need to contact Apple for help with that, since we simply don't have any access to their system. However, it sounds like perhaps you only made your previous purchases from the AgileBits Store - in that case, you'll need to download 1Password for Mac from our download site (and you can activate it using a link from the license email).

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

• Annette1password
    Annette1password
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much Drew_AG! I'm not absolutely sure I got it from the Mac Store tbh. I figured since it was so recent, that's where I got it from.

Thank you so much for the links in email, I now have 1password 5 running and wifi synced. I appreciate it so much, along with all the help and suggestions here!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Annette1password,

On behalf of Drew, you're so welcome! And thanks for letting us know you were able to get 1Password all set up and syncing; that's great news!

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out, but you know we're here for you if you need us. :) Have a lovely weekend!

• kensalaman
    kensalaman
    Community Member
    Options

These guys are a great help. It's so refreshing to find that these days!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! We strive to be our best. With such awesome customers, we have a lot to live up to! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.