Search Options/Smart Folders in Mac client with Families vaults

Options
MortalWombatUK
MortalWombatUK
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

Hi there,

There seem to be some bugs relating to search options when using the Mac client with a Families account. Smart folders have disappeared, (even when I am in a specific vault. Someone in another thread said the smart folders are only available when a single vault is being viewed, rather than "all vaults", but I have not found this to be the case. Smart folders are totally AWOL).

Also, when using some search options, (in my case, using the "Number of tags", "is, "blank" options to show untagged items), the list will correctly show untagged items. As soon as I drag and item to a tag, the list updates to show tagged and untagged items, even though the search criteria controls are still active. I have to "refresh" the list by changing one of the search criteria and then changing it back to what it was.

I was hoping there would be a way to change a "smart search" to a smart folder, but there isn't.

Just wanted to log these observations in the hope they will be worked on at some point!

Thanks,

Mark

p.s. wasn't sure whether to log this in the Mac or Families section...

1Password Version: 6.0.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.3
_Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Hi @MortalWombatUK ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your questions. Yes, this is the right place to post. Actually, either place would be just fine.

Right now, Smart Folders is not supported in Families accounts or when viewing All Vaults. We are looking at making some improvements in that area in the future. This is also the reason you can't save a smart search, since a Smart Folder is the same as a smart search.

Regarding your issue with the the smart search of tags, I have been able to reproduce that issue here too. I've raised a request with the development team to have this fixed.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3835

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds great, thanks for reply!

• On behalf of kevin... you're welcome. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.