1password on 2 macs

jonpalmer
jonpalmer
Community Member

I'd like to install the 1password app on 2 macs. One is used by me, and one by my wife. Do I still need to go though the drop box sync to keep both synced?

Can we have different vaults or do we need family subscription for that.

Thanks in advance

Jon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:install on multiple computers, kb:sales-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@jonpalmer -

One is used by me, and one by my wife. Do I still need to go though the drop box sync to keep both synced?

If you want to share data with each other, yes, Dropbox will be the way to do that.

Can we have different vaults or do we need family subscription for that.

You certainly can have separate vaults, completely independently of each other. And you could also have a different vault that you could share with each other through Dropbox. If by "family subscription," you mean the newly released 1Password for Families, you do not have to subscribe to that, although you may want to take a look at that option. It's sold on a monthly subscription basis ($5 per month for as many as five family members), but that payment includes access to the 1Password applications for all platforms at no additional cost. But the two of you can both use 1Password for Mac on a single user license, which allows you to use it on all the Mac used by as many as six family members living in the same household.

• jonpalmer
    jonpalmer
    Community Member

Thanks @hawkmoth - appreciate your helpful info. I'll go ahead with the drop box approach. Thanks again

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad hawkmoth's answer was helpful for you! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.