Problem on opening 1Password

bellbram
bellbram
Community Member

When I open 1P from my Applications folder I get a window that shows 'Agilebits' and my password. Surely that cannot be right. Why is my password shown?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bellbram
    bellbram
    Community Member

When I open 1Password from my Applications folder I get a window that shows 'Agilebits' and my password. Surely my password should not be shown.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• bellbram
    bellbram
    Community Member

My 1Password version is: 6.0.2
    My Mac O.S. version is: 10.11.3

• bellbram
    bellbram
    Community Member

I am using Firefox

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bellbram,

I noticed you opened two different discussions about this, so I merged them into the same thread to avoid confusion. I hope you don't mind!

When I open 1Password from my Applications folder I get a window that shows 'Agilebits' and my password. Surely my password should not be shown.

Hmm, that certainly doesn't sound right! I must admit, I'm not quite sure what you're seeing. What is the exact name of the file you're opening from Applications? If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 6, the app file should be named "1Password 6.app" (or if you're using the Mac App Store version, it will be called simply "1Password.1pp").

If that's what you're double-clicking, it should first show you a lock screen that asks for your master password. Or if it's already unlocked, it will show you the first item in whichever category is selected in the left sidebar. Are you seeing anything like that? Do you see "1Password 6" or "1Password" in your Mac's menubar, next to the  menu?

If not, can you give us any more details about what you see on the screen when you open the app? For example, is "AgileBits" just some text in the middle of the screen, or is it the name of a window? What app name do you see in the menubar next to the  menu? Do you see your master password that you use to unlock 1Password, or some other password? What other information/text/images/etc do you see on the screen or window?

Once we have a better idea of what you're seeing on your end, we should be able to help get things back to normal. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.