Pricing

Is this price of $4.99 per user per month already set as final?

We are on the market for a password manager for our company (arround 10-15 users) and considering between your product and lastpass.

Seems a large price difference per user per year $60 vs $24 with lastpass .

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited February 2018

Hey @vipconsult! That's a great question, and I'd be happy to explain our perspective on pricing.

We've focused a great deal on the usability and design of 1Password — not only to make it beautiful, but to make it accessible. We want everyone in your company to be able to jump right in and benefit from vastly improved online security, and to understand why they're using it. We wrote a White Paper to make the security aspect of 1Password for Teams transparent and help everyone understand what is happening behind the scenes. It has lots of technical info, but also some practical examples and analogies to get them across if you just want an idea of how things work.

Of course, polish and design need to be backed up by great technology. 1Password for Teams is packed with powerful admin features like fine-grained access control, and full item history backups. And at the heart of 1Password for Teams are our award-winning 1Password apps. They've been continuously refined for over a decade, loved and trusted by millions of users, from college students to families to huge enterprises and every bit in between.

We build our apps to make life easier and safer for everyone who uses the Internet. It's security you don't even have to think about, and we want it to keep evolving. Living up to that goal takes constant effort and improvement. For instance, we have an entire team dedicated to making sure our apps are compatible with the websites, apps and services that you use. We also have a passion for support, and we love making sure our users understand the app and are able to use it easily. If not, you can talk to a human. All of us here at AgileBits are humans, from the mages that are our developers to the scholars that write our knowledge base articles.

One of my favourite things about 1Password for Teams is that all of our apps and future updates are included with your subscription at no extra charge. Without 1Password for Teams, licenses for all of those apps would cost $120 per person. It's a pretty incredible deal.

If you compare our offering to other industry leading business applications such as Slack, Dropbox Business, Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud, you will see that the cost of securing all your teammates and your most important data with 1Password for Teams is actually quite a bargain.

I'm personally not a huge fan of defending a position on things, because debates and arguments don't really accomplish much. I don't want to convince you that 1Password for Teams is what you need and what fits your situation the best, but I do want to see you find something that helps you and your team work securely. We are building Teams to make that as easy as it can be. If you have any suggestions about the service that you think would make it more valuable, please let us know. :)

• vipconsult
    vipconsult
    Community Member

Great answer,but doesn't really answer my question.

• roustem
    edited February 2016

@vipconsult To answer your question about the price.

Our business model is simple and fair. There is no venture capital, no bigger company covering our costs, or any other source of revenue. For the past 10 years we depended on our customers who knew that they are getting fair value for their money. The business side is not the most fun thing to think about but maintaining reliable and scalable infrastructure, developing software for 7 different platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, web, server, and Linux), and providing customers support is quite expensive.

While the Teams pricing has not been fully finalized, $4.99/person/month is going be our minimum price. There will be more expensive tiers with additional features but even the $4.99 tier provides an amazing value that will make our customers more productive and secure. When we compare it to other solutions we are confident that it will save your team more than $0.07/person/day.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that there also will be a 20% discount for annual subscriptions that will bring the annual price down to just $48/person.

• vipconsult
    vipconsult
    Community Member

Thank you for the honest answer. It is appreciated.

• Jacob
    edited March 2016

@vipconsult On behalf of Roustem, you're quite welcome. :) My apologies for the lack of clarity in my original reply.

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member

You mention that you will have "more expensive tiers with additional features". Can we rely on the 4.99/person/month price for the features that is available in the beta as of now?

I'm really eager to shift our company 100+ users to 1Password, but I kind of need to know what the cost will be, before I can commit :-)

• @emilr Yes. In fact, there are a few more features that we hope to add before 1.0 release.

This discussion has been closed.