1password helper only sometimes not working

I'm using Win 10 and Chrome. In general, 1password is working fine. Only now and then, the 1password helper is not working in Chrome ("Looking for the 1Password helper"). Pushing "try again" does not work. Also, following the points from your KB article is of no use as it works most of the time.

Anyhow, this behavior is somewhat annoying.

Any ideas how to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dsfr: Strange that it would happen only some of the time. Do you have "security" software that might be interfering with 1Password's connection to Chrome? Do you encounter the same issue with other browsers? On occasion when you encounter this issue, does Help > Restart 1Password Helper resolve it? Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Jan_Ahlbeck
    Jan_Ahlbeck
    Community Member

Today, after update to 4.6.0.604 i have same problem in chrome, firefox work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jan_Ahlbeck: If you're having trouble only after an update, be sure to restart Windows. Let me know if you have any other issues! :)

• Jan_Ahlbeck
    Jan_Ahlbeck
    Community Member

I have removd the password button and reinstall again and restart. It's the same

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

@Jan_Ahlbeck: I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. If it happens again, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: CMB-57392-447

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

I have the same issue with Firefox and reported it here before. It's a periodic issue for me, especially after exercising the browser. I've found if you close the browser it works normally.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the tip! I've found the relaunching can help in many cases too. Cheers! :)

• Jan_Ahlbeck
    Jan_Ahlbeck
    Community Member

I deleted Adfender and all the help files, rebooted 1passwordhelper , now everything works :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing that! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.