how do I install 1password on this computer? I already have it on my computer at home.

carolsuejane
carolsuejane
Community Member

I must have a license but how do I get to it to include this computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:sales-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@carolsuejane -

It depends a little on whether you bought your license directly from AgileBits at their web store or through Apple on the Mac App Store.

In either case, you just need to download a fresh copy on the second computer of the same platform. I assume both are Macs. If they aren't, things get more complicated, but I'll save that discussion for later if it is an issue.

If you bought from Apple, open the Mac App Store application on the second Mac while you are logged in under the same Apple ID you used to buy your licenses. Under the Purchases tab you'll find 1Password listed with a Download button next to it. That's all you need to do in this case. There is no license from Apple. They tie licensing to the Apple ID used to buy them.

If you bought your license from AgileBits, you would download that from the AgileBits downloads page, here. Then you will need to install the license file that registers your copy, just like you did on your original copy.

If you can't locate our license file, you can have it resent by entering the email address you used to buy your license near the bottom of the main 1Password support page, here.

If that generates more questions, just let us know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@carolsuejane: Indeed, if you bought 1Password from the App Store, you can just download it from your account's purchase history on your other computers as well. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.