1Password keeps freezing

capt32
capt32
Community Member

The data pane freezes at various times when entering data. When I click on another item, the data pane remains on the previous item's information. So, I quit the application, relaunch, wait for an error message that 1P cannot connect to mini, click OK, the program closes, I relaunch again , then I am able work for a while until it happens again. Very frustrating. I recently had to do a reinstall OS X 10.11.3. I have deleted 1P, and reinstalled 1P (newest version). The problem still exists. The OS reinstall was prompted by the App Store and 1P not recognizing my computer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

My colleague has a similar issue to yours, however, mine is working fine but his freezes when he copies from his notes area. He has to reboot his MacBook to be able to get out of it, as it is stuck on the screen and he cannot do anything else. As you say, frustrating!

• capt32
    capt32
    Community Member

Just thinking about it, could be that it is hanging because of the Dropbox sync. I will test my theory and report.

• Hi @capt32 and @miffysmate,

When it gets into this state, I'd like you to check something for me. Try to use 1Password mini. Are you able to, or does the cursor just turn into a spinning beach ball? Are you using version 6.0.2? If so, I believe you're running into an issue that we've fixed during the 6.1 development that's available in the latest betas. We're hoping to get 6.1 out soon.

Rick

• capt32
    capt32
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Hi Rick,
    Yes, running 6.0.2 Mac App Store version. Yes to the spinning beach ball upon clicking mini. Quitting Dropbox had no effect.

• Hi @capt32,

OK, that sounds like the issue I've fixed in 6.1. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. We're working to get 6.1 out as quickly as we can. I'm hoping that today's release candidate build ends up being our final one so that I can submit it to the Mac App Store to help those of you who are using that version of the app.

Rick

• capt32
    capt32
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply
    Emil

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us on this. hopefully we'll be able to get an update out to everyone shortly!

This discussion has been closed.