Trying to restore in v 6.01 from a .1p4_zip dragged to the Mac's desktop from another computer.

Options
rogerdar
rogerdar
Community Member

In Preferences/Backup the system finds the .1p4_zip file on the desktop, and adds the backup to the backup list. Then when I highlight it and click Restore, the Restore Backup? dialog comes up ok, but when clicking on Restore nothing happens, the program doesn't exit like the dialog says it will, and the backup isn't restored, even though it still appears in the backup list. How to fix, please?

1Password Version: 6.01
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: not syncing, using backup files
Referrer: forum-search:restore from backup on computer

Comments

• Hey @rogerdar! Sorry for the trouble. Could you reboot your Mac and try restoring the backup again? If it still doesn't restore properly, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. That will give us some more information about what's happening.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

• rogerdar
    rogerdar
    Community Member
    Options

For your reference, your support ID is [#NQX-75292-659].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rogerdar: Thanks! I see that Yuanou has already replied via email, so we can continue the conversation there. :)

ref: NQX-75292-659

• rogerdar
    rogerdar
    Community Member
    Options

All I got was this, at 6:30 am today, from forum@agilebits.com, not too helpful:

"brenty mentioned you in Trying to restore in v 6.01 from a .1p4_zip dragged to the Mac's desktop from another computer.

Check it out: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/284734#Comment_284734"

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rogerdar,

All I got was this, at 6:30 am today, from forum@agilebits.com, not too helpful:

"brenty mentioned you in Trying to restore in v 6.01 from a .1p4_zip dragged to the Mac's desktop from another computer.

Check it out: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/284734#Comment_284734"

That's just an email notification for brenty's reply in this forum discussion. You should have received a completely separate email from support@agilebits.com which has Yuanou's reply to the email you sent us with your diagnostics report. It sounds like you received the automated response from our BitBot assistant after you sent that report, so you should also have received Yuanou's reply. If you didn't receive it, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there.

If you still can't find that reply, please let us know here (in this forum discussion) and we can try resending the email. Thanks! :)

ref: NQX-75292-659

• rogerdar
    rogerdar
    Community Member
    Options

All I got was this -- this morning about 11 am. Still not helpful. (Don't have a spam folder.)

Subject: [AgileBits Support Forum] Drew_AG mentioned you in Trying to restore in v 6.01 from a .1p4_zip dragged to the Mac's desktop from another computer.
    Date: February 29, 2016 at 10:59:52 AM CST
    To: rogerdar rogerdza@austin.rr.com

AgileBits Support Forum https://discussions.agilebits.com/
    Drew_AG mentioned you in Trying to restore in v 6.01 from a .1p4_zip dragged to the Mac's desktop from another computer.
    Check it out: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/284979#Comment_284979

• Hi @rogerdar ,

I've resent the reply. You should receive it soon. I know you mentioned you don't have a spam folder, but I see from your message that you are using Mac OS X Mail, so it should have a Junk folder. If you haven't explicitly deleted that folder, please check that.

If you still don't receive the reply, let us know - your email provider may not be delivering it to you.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.