Don't have the ability to manage vault permissions

dsr20160228
dsr20160228
Community Member

Hi. I just signed up for 1Password for Families. I created a new vault, and shared it with my wife. But . . . there doesn't seem to be any way to manage permissions on that vault.

I followed these instructions:
1. Open the Team menu and choose Admin Console.
2. Choose the Vaults tab and select the vault to manage.
3. Click the Action button to the right of the user whose permissions you wish to change, and set the desired permissions.

But I don't have an "Action" button to the right of the user (my wife) whose permissions I want to change.

How do I get access to the permissions?

Thank you,
_david

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dsr20160228,

Right now, access to vaults is all or nothing so there are no granular permissions to give. We're looking into implementing read-only access to vaults, so that may change in a future update. I imagine that the procedure you outlined above will be the way to adjust permissions if they're added in the future :)

Thanks!

• ninjawa
    ninjawa
    Community Member

@Aleen, I was surprised to see this, because it was something that was a feature in Teams. I regret switching over to Teams accounts to Families. It would be much appreciated if you guys could implement granular permissions controls for Families.

Also...I'm having some trouble managing vault access on my account. It seems that everyone currently has access to all the vaults, despite them not having a green check mark next to certain vaults in the "manage access" screen. For example, I currently have myself, my fiance, and my dad on my Families account. I have a vault that's supposed to be accessible by me and my fiance only. However, when my dad activated his account earlier this evening, he was given access to that vault. I checked the access settings and it says that my dad has read & write permissions despite the green check mark not being present. How do I remove my dad from having access to this particular vault?

I appreciate the help.

• @ninjawa

It would be much appreciated if you guys could implement granular permissions controls for Families.

This will, at least initially, be one of the differientiating features between Teams and Families. If granular access controls are important to you, then Teams will be the more appropriate service. If you'd like to switch back from Families to Teams please drop us an email to support@1password.com from the email address that was used to create your Families account.

Please also include the details re: the trouble you are having with vault permissions. Our team can look into that for you as well.

Ben

• ninjawa
    ninjawa
    Community Member

Thanks, @bwoodruff, I sent your support team an email last night immediately after I made that post (I found another thread where someone wanted to switch back to Teams from Families).

• Perfect! Thanks. :)

Ben

ref: DIZ-37735-436

This discussion has been closed.