Search passwords only

Absolute
Absolute
Community Member

To check I'm not using certain names in my passwords, I want to only search passwords. At present I can search all fields but that doesn't narrow down the search enough, also because I've changed loads of previous passwords, these show up in an 'All Fields' search.

I realise I could duplicate all these entries and trash the original, but it's time consuming and worse when you duplicate it changes the created and modified dates to today.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:only search passwords

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mike of Oxford,

Just to make sure I understand, do you mean you want to search for Login items that include certain text in the main password field, but it's also showing Login items where that text is only in the list of previously used passwords?

If so, you should be able to search for only the main password field by doing this:

• In the main 1Password app, go to Edit > Find > Show Search Options.
    • Select the type of items you want to search (for example, Logins or All Items).
    • Change the search options from Title is to Password contains.
    • Enter the text you want to search for in the next field.

Hopefully that helps, but if I misunderstood or you have more questions about that, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• Absolute
    Absolute
    Community Member

Duh! Should have seen that there was an easy way to do a specific type of search. Just goes to show you use a program for years and never bother looking through all the other functions. I'd been using the basic search not even noticing the Edit menu options.
    I shall now spend some time looking through the other menu options to see what else I've been missing.

Many thanks
    Mike

• Hi Mike,

Glad to hear it's working. Let us know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.