Cannot figure out what type (Mac Store or Agile Bits) of app I have

dasardine
dasardine
Community Member

Hi! I cannot figure out what type (Mac Store or Agile Bits) of app I have (I downloaded it a while back and can't recall!), and while it says trial expired, it still allows me to add new passwords. So... is it working? And what is the difference between buying it on the Mac store for $49 and upgrading to Pro? Thank you!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't figure out which version i have

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@dasardine if you are receiving a "trial expired" message you have the AgileBits store version of 1Password. You can confirm that by going to 1Password > About 1Password. If you have not licensed that version you will find there is a limit to the number of items you can add without the licence.

There is no "pro" version of 1Password for Mac. The only "pro" version is for 1Password for iOS.

Stephen

• dasardine
    dasardine
    Community Member

Thank you so much for clarifying Stephen! So if I transfer my purchase to be the Mac store version so that it can sync on all of my devices, will I need to worry about 'pro' for iOS? Or will that cover all of my devices? Thank you!!!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

So if I transfer my purchase to be the Mac store version so that it can sync on all of my devices

There is no need to transfer to the Mac App Store version of 1Password to be able to sync all of your devices. If you have a registered license for the Mac App Store version, you can already do that. Also, there is no way to transfer a license to the Mac App Store anyway. Apple doesn't allow that, so you would have to buy 1Password again to get the Mac version from Apple.

will I need to worry about 'pro' for iOS? Or will that cover all of my devices?

If you want to sync to iOS devices, you will need to install a copy of 1Passowrd for iOS on those devices. The license for that is completely separate from the Mac license - licenses are sold separately by platform and Mac and iOS are separate platforms. However, the basic version of the iOS application is free to use in its basic form, and you will be able to sync your data from your Mac with that version. However, if you find that you want or need the more advanced Pro features of the iOS version, you will activate those with an in-app purchase from your iOS device. The advanced features will then work on all iOS devices that use the same Apple ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Wow. I think Stephen_C and hawkmoth pretty much covered it, but be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

• dasardine
    dasardine
    Community Member

Thank you guys so much! This is getting clearer and clearer :)
    My goal is to have all of my passwords safe and synced between all of my Mac devices (laptop, iPhone, iPad). And, to allow my VA access to certain passwords which she will only use on her laptop. She doesn't use Mac devices. From what I understand, that means I need to have a separate vault of passwords just for her, correct? And that is something I can only do with the paid version? But perhaps I don't need to upgrade to pro in IOS, because she will only be using her laptop? Thanks so so much for your guidance!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dasardine: A separate vault would be best, since you really shouldn't give someone else access to all of your 1Password data or your Master Password. A separate vault could include only the specific items you want to share, and also have a different Master Password so you don't have to give up your own.

While you can use the trial version of 1Password for Mac or Windows for 30 days, in order to access multiple vaults in 1Password for iOS you'd need the Pro Features.

At the risk of confusing things further, I should mention that 1Password for Teams and 1Password for Families might be a good fit for your situation, as it's easy to share data and all 1Password apps are included. You can share vaults between family/team members, and you also have the ability to invite guests (possibly more appropriate for a client or assistant). Let me know what you think. We'll figure out what works best for you! :)

• dasardine
    dasardine
    Community Member

Thank you @brenty!! It looks like Teams is precisely what I need! And now I'm all signed up for it and ready to go! Is there an easy way to migrate the info I have stored in my trial version?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dasardine,

Glad to hear you've signed up for 1Password for Teams! :)

Is there an easy way to migrate the info I have stored in my trial version?

Absolutely! You can find the steps to do that in this knowledgebase article: Migrate to a Family or Team account

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.