How to get your passwords / stuff on ios application to Computer Application

Hello,

The other day I found that 1Password had a computer application. So I Downloaded it. I have been using the 1Password ios application for a while now and have even purchased the Pro features. I have a lot of items within my ios application that I could use on the desktop application. I was wondering, how do I get everything from my ios application to my desktop application?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• waricemd
    waricemd
    Community Member

I'm also not seeing everything that is on my ios account, despite even restoring everything to 1 password on windows. Very frustrating.

• Hello @MrMonteCristo

Thanks for writing in!

There are a couple of ways to get your 1Password items from your iPhone to your Windows PC.
    How about you tell us whether you would like ot use your local Wi-Fi network to synchronise the data or Dropbox?
    We're going to send you the right instructions to set everything up.

If you want to know more about the two sync option, please have a look at the knowledge base article Sync options compared: Dropbox vs. iCloud vs. Wi-Fi.

Cheers!

Hey @waricemd

Which sync option did you use? Why did you restore data on Windows?
    Any details you can give us, will help solve this.

Thanks!

• MrMonteCristo
    MrMonteCristo
    Community Member

Hello @AlexHoffmann ,

Thank you very much for your reply back. I would like to do it over wi-fi. But can you send instructions for both wi fi and drop box?

Thank you again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waricemd: Indeed, 1Password stores your data locally unless you choose to sync it. That isn't something we're going to decide for you. :)

@MrMonteCristo: Sure thing! You can use the manual Wi-Fi Sync between a single computer and one or more mobile devices:

Wi-Fi Sync setup

Or you can use automatic Dropbox Sync between all current versions of 1Password across all platforms:

Dropbox Sync setup

Setting up either is pretty straightforward, but unlike Wi-Fi Sync (which depends on your local network configuration to work), Dropbox will allow you to sync anywhere you have an internet connection. And in both cases, your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. 1Password is secure by design, not by chance.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• MrMonteCristo
    MrMonteCristo
    Community Member

Hello @brenty,

I do have just one more question. Is there a way to get it to sync with Dropbox and icloud, or can I do just one platform?

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrMonteCristo: No need to limit your questions. We're happy to answer any and all we can! :)

While you can use different sync services with different vaults, Dropbox and iCloud are mutually exclusive: that is, while you can sync your primary vault with iCloud and any or all secondary vaults with Dropbox, you cannot sync the primary vault with both Dropbox and iCloud. ;)

And just to be absolutely clear, iCloud Sync only supports the primary vault. You can sync any combination of primary/secondary vaults using Dropbox, however.

This discussion has been closed.