hello, I'm needing assistance getting setup, as I'm moving from RoboForm to 1Password

ssenecal
ssenecal
Community Member

hello, I'm needing assistance getting setup, as I'm moving from RoboForm to 1Password. I have installed 1Password 6.0.2 on my Mac OS X Version 10.11.3 (15D21). I'm not getting the Sync option under Preferences. I'm needing to setup Sync to my Dropbox account...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:teams-families-setup, ug:mac/, ug:mac/sync, ug:mac/sync-dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @ssenecal,

Assuming you want to convert and import your RoboForm data, give the roboform converter from the converter suite a shot. Follow the directions in the first post, and then in the README.pdf included in the converter package.

I'll leave AgileBits to address your other questions / issues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ssenecal: Sorry for the confusion! You'll need to open 1Password and go to Preferences > Sync. There you can select your vault on the left, and then you can select it from the dropdown menu on the right. Just make sure you've installed Dropbox on your Mac:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• ssenecal
    ssenecal
    Community Member

Thank you MrC and brenty for the replies. However I do not have the "Sync" option under Preferences... I'm currently in "trial" mode, do I need to purchase 1Password Family now to get the "Sync" option?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi ssenecal,

Indeed you would need to get out of trial mode to have that option. You can either sign up to Families which would be charged monthly and would sync using 1Password's servers to sync (so no need for Dropbox). Or you can make a 1 time purchase of a license for 1Password 6 at this website here: https://agilebits.com/store

Hope this helps.

• ssenecal
    ssenecal
    Community Member

Okay - that is helpful, however when I go under https://spsenecal.1password.com/admin/settings I get the following;

Coming soon!
    Soon you will be able to add your Credit Card here and qualify for the Special Launch Special!
    Add your card by March 21 to enjoy:
    $10 added to your account (an extra 2 months free)
    Twice the amount of secure storage for your documents (that’s 2 GB)
    The ability to invite two more family members for free (a total of 7 family members!)

So, I'm not sure where to purchase the 1Password Family...

Thanks again for everyones assistance...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ssenecal: Sorry for the confusion! To be clear, if you're using 1Password for Families exclusively (it seems like maybe you are, though you didn't post in that category), there is no sync; rather, the 1Password for Teams/Families server stores the data for your devices to access it.

Sync settings are only for if you're using the standalone app(s) and want to use Dropbox, iCloud, or Wi-Fi Sync to transfer your data to other devices. This is mutually exclusive with 1Password for Teams/Families: that is, a Teams/Families vault will never be sync'd through Dropbox, for example; similarly, a local vault cannot be stored on the Teams/Families server.

Also, no need to worry about purchasing anything right now. Once billing setup is available you'll be notified. I hope that helps clarify things. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• ssenecal
    ssenecal
    Community Member

Thank you for assistance and apologies for not providing 1Password/Family in my initial post...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of the others here who have been helping you, you're very welcome! Hopefully they were able to clear up any confusion about that, but if you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.