Why has my licence been changed (after lasted update its reverted to Demo Mode)

Options

I just installed the latest update, can't say which it is because I can't open the app. It was purchased on 11 Feb 2014.

Why has 1Password reverted to Demo Mode ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:lates install demo mode, kb-search:my demo mode, kb:purchase-verification

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @CodeUniquely,

I'm more concerned about the fact that the app can't open, can you clarify what you mean by that? What exactly happens, does it crash when you open the app or it shows up with no data? The issue here may explain the license situation.

As for the license status, we didn't make any changes to how licensing works for a long time. If it reverted to the demo mode, it usually means the following reasons:

1. The license was never registered, 1Password is free to use for up to 20 items, it won't start asking for a license until you reach more than 20 items and after 30 days. Buying a license still requires you to manually register 1Password on each computer.
    2. If you've been using 1Password betas, it doesn't ask for a license either. 1Password will update you to the latest stable version if no new betas are available and when this happens, 1Password will start asking for your license because you're using a stable update. This just happened now, we have a newer stable update but no new beta builds are available.
    3. Something has wiped out the license file in your AppData folder for 1Password. Did you notice any other issues on your system recently?
  • CodeUniquely
    CodeUniquely
    Community Member
    Options

Right i can't start it because its asking for a licence key and i can't remember & it enter it - because its nearly three years ago and my key should be for 'Parallels Bundle User 72988'

I've been using it day in and out since 2014 (its not a demo), never installed a beta, and was using it this morning up to the point when I finally clicked on the "nag dialog" telling me that there was a new version available
    :)

I clicked on download and let it do its thing.
    It installed without error, it restarted and switched immediately into "Demo" mode.

and after that I'm a bit suck, I requested licence details a number of times but no email arrived - not in the spam folder and not on teh email sever being filtered out either ....

Its working fine on my other machine. (Mac - OSX)

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @CodeUniquely,

Can you send us an email at support+windows@agilebits.com with your purchase information or email address you may have used to buy the Parallels bundle with, so we can try to find the license key for you.

I can't find any orders with your forum's email address, which could mean you may have used a different address.

ref: KPP-99224-422

This discussion has been closed.