Siri problem with 1password on iphone 6 with iOS 9.2.1:

Options
GWeberhammer
GWeberhammer
Community Member
edited February 2016 in iOS

I have a problem with 1password on my iphone 6 with iOS 9.2.1: If I open the app, Siri won`t work correctly. It take what I said, but it doesn't take the action, e.g. "Set timer for 10 minutes" --- no response for couple of seconds, Siri: "There are different problemes, try again...." the answer varies, but the result is the same - no settings from Siri.
Apple Support don't know the error at all, after two replacement!! of iphone 6 I found by myself, that's happen only when I started "1password" (with login) --> "Siri Problem"; You can solve this SiriProblem only with "conditional restart" (shutdown, an start with Homebutton an Standbybutton for at least 10 secs)
This is a major problem for me --- any solutions?

1Password Version: 6.2.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 9.2.1
_Sync Type: dropbox
_Referrer
: forum-search:siri

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@GWeberhammer - I have an iPhone 6S, but otherwise I have the same set up you do. Perhaps I misunderstand your issue. Are you asking Siri to set a system timer, exterior to 1Password? Or are you expecting Siri to change the preferences in 1Password?

I can have 1Password open and then address Siri in a couple of ways. "Hey Siri, set timer for 1 minute." The timer is set. Or, I can press and hold the Home button to alert Siri, the say, "Set timer for 1 minute." In either case, Seri sets the timer in the iOS Clock application to start counting down 1 Minute. I also tried this after opening 1Password, closing it, and immediately giving Seri those commands. That also worked fine. In other words, I can't reproduce your issue, unless I'm doing this differently from you.

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

That's what you wrote works not for me ( iPhone 6! ). Siri writes on my iPhone the command on the screen....eg. like "set the time to 1 Minute" ....nothing happens ...after 5 sec. Siri says and writes "Gerhard, we (funny enought) have some problem. Can you try it again."
    btw: everthing in German. Siri doesn't work correct anymore! To get the Siri to work I have to restart the iPhone how I described.
    Applesupport doesn`t know this kind of error, I guess that was the reason they change my iPhone twice!

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

I tested the problem on iPhone 6 Plus (from my wife), there is no Problem (Language: english)
    I tested the problem on my iPhone 6 with the "Demo-tresor", you can try it!!

• Ben
    Options

@GWeberhammer

My apologies if I'm being dense, but I'm failing to see how this relates to 1Password? I, of course, have 1Password installed on my devices and Siri works fine on them (iPhone 6, iPad Air 2). I just tested using Siri with 1Password open (not something I normally do), and that too worked fine. I launched 1Password, unlocked it, and asked Siri what the weather was like outside. She prompt brought up the weather forecast for me. I then closed 1Password and asked Siri to set a 1 minute timer, which she did.

Please let us know.

Ben

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

To your question "how it relates to 1Password? : Without launching 1Password Siri works perferkt for me (too!); I'am not saying 1Password has an errror in every configuration, but in MY configuration: German Language, Place in German, iPhone 6; 64Gb, I doubt it is the hardware, Apple change the hardware twice! ; I can reproduce the error immediately, no problem only annoying, So, what should I do?

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for explaining @GWeberhammer. Unfortunately I'm still not able to reproduce this issue.

Does this happen every time you launch 1Password and then try to use Siri?

Are there any other apps that this happens with?

1Password doesn't touch Siri at all -- we have no Siri integration. So I'm really at a loss for how the two things (launching 1Password and using Siri) could have any effect on each other.

Ben

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I tested my "System" for another hour: It`s not only happend with 1Password, it happend with other Apps too (besides Apple-native Apps), sorry I was focus on you app. Now I have a total different problem.....
    Gerhard

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

That is really odd. Thanks for confirming your findings. Indeed, it sounds like it's system-wide, since it's happening with other apps as well.

While it may not be the hardware, I can tell you I've had some issues myself which "jumped" to new iPhones as well, since I'd restored them from the iCloud backup. Definitely something to consider. I've also had cases where Siri just flat out ignores me (or stops listening prematurely) in iOS 9. Hopefully Apple will be able to get to the bottom of this.

• Ben
    Options
    Ignore this post. Message intentionally left blank.
This discussion has been closed.