Auto Fill in Windows

Am I missing something. Right from the start when I clicked on one of my logins on the Mac it would auto fill my password and user name. Am I missing some box in Windows because for the life of me I can't get it to work.
Rich

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello Richard and welcome to the Forums!

You're not missing anything. At this time, the Windows version of 1Password does not have all the functionality of its Mac cousin. The following topic lists Known issues and feature requests.

Regarding the current auto fill functionality, please see the following post for details: Auto Fill & Submit In the linked post, David refers to the following 1P4Windows help article: Automatic form detection and filling

I know the team is working hard to bring the fuctionality of the two platforms closer to par, but I cannot give you any timeline.

It is my understanding that the Chrome browser extension does auto-fill your information in Windows. If you use Chrome, please try it out.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Richard Hagan
    Richard Hagan
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    Brandt,
    Thank you for the info. I was looking everywhere in the Windows version. The Mac version seems to be a much more polished version. I still like your software.
    Rich
  • bswins
    edited June 2011

Brandt,
    Thank you for the info. I was looking everywhere in the Windows version. The Mac version seems to be a much more polished version. I still like your software.
    Rich

My pleasure Rich.

I used the Mac version before testing the Windows platform, so I understand the feelings you are having.

At least there's the Chrome option for now. However, if you start using the keyboard shortcuts, I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Thanks for being a 1Password fan!

Brandt
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011

Am I missing something. Right from the start when I clicked on one of my logins on the Mac it would auto fill my password and user name. Am I missing some box in Windows because for the life of me I can't get it to work.
    Rich

On Windows, you need to press Ctrl+\. Then 1Password will auto-fill (and optionally auto-submit) your login, assuming you have installed 1Password in your default web browser. Please take a look here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    bswins wrote:

It is my understanding that the Chrome browser extension does auto-fill your information in Windows. If you use Chrome, please try it out.

Well, to be precise, the only difference between the form-filling capability of the extension for Chrome and the form-filling capability of the extensions for Firefox and Internet Explorer is that the extension for Chrome includes the ability to fill forms with information from your saved Identity items.

In terms of filling forms with information from your saved Login and Credit Card items, all three extensions should be virtually identical.

The main difference between 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows in this respect is, as Stefan suggests, that 1Password for Mac uses Command+\ as the default keyboard shortcut, whereas 1Password for Windows uses Ctrl+\ (mostly because PC keyboards don't have a Command key).
This discussion has been closed.