Multiple primary vaults synced with different computers

Options
pukku
pukku
Community Member

Hi! I have 1Password on my home computer and 1Password on my work computer (both Macs), and 1Password on my iPhone.

I would like to be able to sync both the home computer and the work computer with the iPhone, and not have them intermingle -- I need to keep them separate.

How can I do this? Neither computer should know that the other computer exists, nor should either one receive any passwords from the other.

Thanks,
Ricky

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Ricky ( @pukku ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The only way I can think of to do this would be to use 1Password for Teams at work and/or 1Password for Families at home. If you use Teams/Families you can sign into both of those accounts on the iPhone, but only the Families account at home and the Teams account at work. That would be the most elegant solution.

If you were only going to do one or the other (either Teams at work or Families at home) then you'd essentially do the same thing, but the one that didn't have a Teams/Families account you'd set up with Dropbox and sync to the iPhone that way. This would be the second best option.

1Password for Teams

1Password for Families

It may also be possible to sync one vault with iCloud and one with Dropbox, but there are some known issues with this (e.x. the iCloud vault must be set up on the iPhone first and then the Dropbox vault will show up as "default 2" for the name). I personally would not recommend this solution and have not tested it.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.