Trouble installing license [handling through email]

hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Upgrade and secondary password.

Comments

• dopiecuhz
    dopiecuhz
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

hi there, i purchased the license bundle for MAC+WINDOWS and I'm trying to add the license to the app but it won't let me. it is telling me that it is not a 1password mac license. i have version 3.8.22 installed. did i buy the wrong license or what can i do???

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@dopiecuhz - I split your post from the other thread and made it a new topic. I think you'll get better attention to your particular issue that way. I hope you don't mind.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dopiecuhz: Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information.

But the good news is that all you need to do is copy the license from the email into 1Password to register the app and remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• dopiecuhz
    dopiecuhz
    Community Member

hi there, thank you for response. so given the fact that i already have version 3.8.22 installed, i would have to uninstall 1password and reinstall it with the new license? also in the email you sent with the license information, it has no license #. all i get is a clickable link and then it downloads a file.

• dopiecuhz
    dopiecuhz
    Community Member

also when trying to download the license from the email received i get, License has been downloaded too many times and has been deactivated. Please contact support@agilebits.com to reactivate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

also when trying to download the license from the email received i get, License has been downloaded too many times and has been deactivated. Please contact support@agilebits.com to reactivate.

@dopiecuhz: Fixed. :)

hi there, thank you for response. so given the fact that i already have version 3.8.22 installed, i would have to uninstall 1password and reinstall it with the new license? also in the email you sent with the license information, it has no license #. all i get is a clickable link and then it downloads a file.

I'm really sorry about that! It's showing up here. I've just regenerated it and sent it again. please let me know if you're getting the license key now in addition to the download link. We'll get this working for you!

• dopiecuhz
    dopiecuhz
    Community Member

license # is not showing up. i need the key for the MAC version. the file downloaded from the link is sending me to is what i believe for the newer version of 1 password not version 3.8.22.

• dopiecuhz
    dopiecuhz
    Community Member

i get 2 license keys from the emails you send me. 1 for Mac (which is a file not Key #) and 1 for Windows. When i open the file downloaded i get a key for the MAC version but i get the following message when i enter it: This is not a 1Password for Mac license. Please verify you copied the key from your 1Password for Mac purchase and not another product.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dopiecuhz,

We've received your email about this license issue and will respond there with more details about how to resolve it. Thanks for your patience!

ref: KRW-67834-186

This discussion has been closed.