How do I switch Wifi sync to Dropbox? I am using 1Password beta on Mac. Want to sync w/ Android 5.1

shusker
shusker
Community Member

How do I switch Wifi sync to Dropbox? I am using 1Password beta on Mac. Want to sync w/ Android 5.1.

Wifi sync won't work on Android and I'm unable to figure out how to switch syncing to Dropbox. Is there an Android version of 1Password beta? I downloaded the standard Google Play Store version.

1Password Version: 6.0.3.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:android/settings-sync, kb-search:dropbox sync android, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb-search:dropbox sync android, kb:switch-to-dropbox

Comments

• Hi @shusker,

We can most definitely help you out with all of this. If you want to sync with Wi-Fi, I would much rather that we work with you to determine where you're hitting problems with Wi-Fi sync though. Can you tell us where you ran into issues with Wi-Fi sync on Android?

If you're looking to get the Beta version of 1Password for Android (which shouldn't be required for any of this), you can do this by signing up via the 1Password for Android Newsletter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

• shusker
    shusker
    Community Member

Hi Rick,

When I attempt to sync 1Password via the Wi-Fi sync, I receive a notification that says "Syncing with Wifi Server... Discovery Stopped for _1password4._tcp." It also tells me that the device cannot connect.

I have ensured that I have a the Wi-Fi server checkbox checked in the 1Password Mac App preferences, but it still doesn't want to sync.

• Hi @shusker. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• shusker
    shusker
    Community Member

Hi @peri,

I just sent in the Diagnostics Reports. Unfortunately I had to send them in two separate emails.

I look forward to your response!

• Thanks @shusker! I'll have a look and get back to you soon! :)

This discussion has been closed.