A little problem with fingerprint scanning

revanmj
revanmj
Community Member

I have a little problem with fingerprint scanning in 1Password - often when resuming the app, it asks for a fingerprint and immediately vibrates two times (meaning wrong finger even though I didn't even touched the scanner). After that dialog asking to scan a fingerprint is still visible, but scanning itself doesn't work. I have to choose option to enter password (closing the dialog), then touch fingerprint button to get scanning working again.

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this issue, @revanmj. I'm not able to reproduce though. We've just released a beta update (6.2b1) which has some improvements to the Fingerprint Unlock. Can you please update 1Password and let me know if you still have trouble after?

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

I'm already using it, but I forgot to mention that it does not happen immediately after minimizing 1Password - from my observations this occurs when I go to homescreen via home button after using your app, then use some other apps (Twitter, Chrome, Tapatalk, etc.) and then leave the phone for a longer period of time (half an hour for example). Then, when you open 1Password, this happens (at least for me).

• saad
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the clarification @revanmj. I'm not exactly sure why Fingerprint Unlock becomes unresponsive after some time. I would like to look into this further.

Do you have any other apps installed on your device that take advantage of the fingerprint scanner? If you do, do you find this problem happening with those apps too? How about on the device's lock screen? Thanks. :)

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

I have one more app, but it does not have this problem. It always works without an issue. I also use fingerprint scanner on device lockscreen and it only stops working there after a really long time (like all night) while in 1Password half an hour is enough.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Maybe it could have to do something with Doze?

• Hi @revanmj.

I also use fingerprint scanner on device lockscreen and it only stops working there after a really long time (like all night) while in 1Password half an hour is enough.

Does this mean that you notice the same issue on your device lock screen? Or are you only seeing it in 1Password?

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

It's more like on the lockscreen it's by design - you have to unlock the screen by using a code after longer period of time (there is no fingerprint icon at the bottom when that happens).

I tried gathering logs when this issue occurs, but I couldn't find much from 1Password in them.

• I see what you're saying, @revanmj. Thanks for clarifying. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

@peri I just sent it to you :)

• Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you. :)

• EarthAura
    EarthAura
    Community Member

I've also noticed this issue a couple of times on my Nexus 6P. Don't think I have any details to contribute other than my :+1: :chuffed:

• saad
    edited March 2016

@EarthAura Thanks for letting us know you’re experiencing this issue too. Could you also send us a diagnostic report from your Nexus 6P? Your diagnostic report will help us greatly. Thanks.

ref: OPA-827

• EarthAura
    EarthAura
    Community Member

Hi @saad, I just sent a diagnostics report, however, the issue has not happened in a while. I hope it can be of use though, and when (if) I experience it again I will try to send one right away.

• saad
    edited March 2016

We got the diagnostic report, @EarthAura. Thank you so much!!
    ref: QLN-39374-948

This discussion has been closed.