Import RoboForm passwords

I follow the directions (Windows) to import data for RoboForms and it always says 0 imports. Latest versions. When I open the html file all the passwords are in there. Help

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 4.6.0
OS Version: iCloud
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Import RoboForm passwords

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChiefT1945: Sorry for the trouble! If you're getting a "zero import", that indicates that the data you exported is not readable by 1Password. @MrC 's converter can be a big help when it comes to getting your data into a usable form for import into 1Password though, so definitely check it out and let us know if you have any questions!

• ChiefT1945
    ChiefT1945
    Community Member

I am not a tecky. I followed the instruction and it did not import anything. I there something easier to do this?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016

@ChiefT1945,

The RoboForm export is not in a readily consumable format to simply import into another program. It is output as a web page table, the content of which varies based on the options you've selected at the time of the export, and on the version of RoboForm you're using, and on the platform (looks like you're using Windows).

Did you use the 1.09 version of the converter suite in Testing Bits? If not, you should use that version.

I'm happy to help you get your data converted, but need to know the exact steps you took.

• ChiefT1945
    ChiefT1945
    Community Member

Running Windows 10 and in CMD prompt it Says it does not recognize Pearl

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@ChiefT1945 ,

Windows 10 is fine. If you follow the steps in the README.pdf step-by-step, you'll be able to convert. I'm really only able to help reliably if you can provide more info.

I'm also happy to help you remotely, without you having to reveal any confidential information. Send me an email if you're interested. My email is at the top of the conversion script (the file convert_to_1p4.pl).

• ChiefT1945
    ChiefT1945
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

Would love the remote help. My email is XXX.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@ChiefT1945 ,

I've removed your email address from above and have sent you an email. Let's continue offline, and we'll summarize here after we're done.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016

@ChiefT1945 and I worked out the conversion via remote help.

One issue to note: WinZip on Windows 10 was failing to unzip the converter archive. Uninstalling it and using the native unzipping in Windows 10 solved the problem.

We installed the required modules, exported the RoboForm data via Print List, and then ran the conversions. Some 652 logins were converted and imported, as were 4 identities. ChiefT1945 then imported all the data into 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrC: We see a lot of similar issues with 3rd party archive utilizes on OS X. It's interesting (and unfortunate) that people are having similar problems on Windows as well. Baffling. Thanks for the info! :angry:

This discussion has been closed.