App crashes on resize - or change layout button clicks

Whenever I try to resize the layout using the vertical divider in the app, drag the app border at the side, or change the display type with the top right buttons, half the time I get this error message cropping up:

Exception: -[OS_xpc_connection _updateFrame:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x108876e20

The other half time it just flat out crashes. The app works, but I can't change the layout now to give myself more space to read or change the app size at all.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Google Drive
Referrer: kb-search:crashes, kb-search:crashing

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rupertbreheny: I'm surprised this hasn't come up before then. I thought it was just me!

Unfortunately 1Password 3 is simply not compatible with El Capitan. It was discontinued years ago and is not longer being updated. A lot has changed in OS X in recent years, and 1Password 3 just wasn't built with any of that in mind; rather, it was built with Snow Leopard in mind. While it is mostly usable still and you can suffer through it, a better option would be to upgrade to 1Password 6, which fully supports Apple's most recent two OS X releases.

• rupertbreheny
    rupertbreheny
    Community Member

OK, I'll give that some thought thanks.

• rupertbreheny
    rupertbreheny
    Community Member

Is it possible to get a previous user reduction via the App Store, or is that only working for direct downloads from Agile Bits?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rupertbreheny: Ah, sorry for not making that clear in my previous post. The App Store does not support any kind of upgrade or discount process, or any way to transfer purchases there. However, you can get an upgrade discount through the AgileBits Store by entering your existing license key. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.