Cannot connect to backup/restore page on network

tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi,

I recently had to restore my iphone so all my data was lost on 1Password, but luckily I had made a backup. However, when I go to the URL of the backup/restore page to restore my passwords, it won't connect. It keeps saying the web page cannot be found. I am on the same network and everything, I don't know why it wouldn't be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

  • thightowerthightower T-Dog Agile's Mascot
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the 1password forums,

    Make sure you check the port portion of the url. The port the touch uses is random and will not be the same as when you originally made the backup.

    What browser are you trying this with ?
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I have tried a number of different generated ports, but none have worked.

    I am using Avant Browser, but I have also tried it with Chrome.
  • MartySMartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    tiffmc wrote:
    I have tried a number of different generated ports, but none have worked.


    You cannot try just any port number in the URL: you can only use the one that is *currently* being displayed by the Backup & Restore facility within the 1Password app on your iPhone.
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    MartyS wrote:
    You cannot try just any port number in the URL: you can only use the one that is *currently* being displayed by the Backup & Restore facility within the 1Password app on your iPhone.


    Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. I have used the port number that is currently being displayed, which didn't work. So I got out of the app and then launched it again and went to the backup and restore facility and tried the new/different port number that was generated, and that did not work either.
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    This is really driving me insane.

    Is there an alternative way to restore a backup?
  • MartySMartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    tiffmc wrote:
    This is really driving me insane.

    Is there an alternative way to restore a backup?


    I'm sorry it's causing you so much pain. There is no other way to restore a backup made from the 1Password mobile apps.

    Could you please take a screenshot from your iPhone so we can see the problem? You can take a screenshot by pressing the home and sleep buttons together. This will add the screenshot to your current Camera Roll in the Photos app which you can then email to us, or post into a forum reply.

    It would also be helpful to see a screenshot of your browser window (including the address bar) so we can see what's being said there as well.

    Do you know what version of the 1Password mobile app you were running when you made the backup?
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    MartyS wrote:
    I'm sorry it's causing you so much pain. There is no other way to restore a backup made from the 1Password mobile apps.

    Could you please take a screenshot from your iPhone so we can see the problem? You can take a screenshot by pressing the home and sleep buttons together. This will add the screenshot to your current Camera Roll in the Photos app which you can then email to us, or post into a forum reply.

    It would also be helpful to see a screenshot of your browser window (including the address bar) so we can see what's being said there as well.

    Do you know what version of the 1Password mobile app you were running when you made the backup?


    screenff.png

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    iphoneu.jpg

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    I have 1Password Pro, but I am not sure what version I made the backup with. I'm assuming whatever was the current version as of 14th March (which is when I made my backup).
  • MartySMartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the screenshots. I cannot tell what might be causing the web browser to not be able to open the Backup & Restore web server. Is it possible that you have a VPN session open at the time? Quite often VPNs will route what you would think to be local LAN traffic across the VPN connection to "the other side" and your iPhone isn't "over there"... it's local.
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    No I do not have a VPN connection. I am just connected to a wireless home network.
  • NikNik 1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Forgive me if this has already been tried and I just missed it in the discussion, but could you give it a go with Firefox, instead of Avant or Chrome?
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I tried with Firefox the other day, but I still have the same problem.
  • tiffmctiffmc Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ok well it finally decided to work all of a sudden and I was able to restore. But after I made a few changes, I wanted to do a backup however it wouldn't let me connect to the backup/restore page again..

    Oh well.. it looks like it works when it wants to.. but very rarely.
  • DBrownDBrown 1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I was tempted to create a browser bookmark for the backup/restore page, but I quickly realized that the port number changes each time I fire up the backup/restore server on my iPad or iPhone.

    :)
This discussion has been closed.